Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• l85/l86- which is the best to get

hi
    i have been looking at getting an l85 and am just wondering which one you think is the best.
    i would be looking for the l85 a2.
    also been looking at an l86 but wondering which one is the best.
    post your answers away:D

Turkey

Re: l85/l86- which is the best to get

I've owned ICS, Army and Ares and I'm 100% behind Ares.
    L85 / 86 wise it's just down to looks, what you like the best, l86 is obviously a bigger lump to carry round....
    I have both and prefer to use the sa80 the majority of the time, purely because it suits me better
    G&P L119A1 classic look ASCU / G&P L119A1 modern look / WE CO2 1911 / DBoys Kar98 / S&S Lee Enfield SMLE

Comment

Are you a strong guy, because if you are, id get the l86 just becasue it is taht little bit cooler.
      However, do you want a suppourt gunner role or are you more up front and cqb and attacking in which case the longer l86 would not be very suitable.

Comment

In terms of which is "best", its all down to personal preference. If your looking at them both from the same make, then the l86 may be slightly more accurate due to the barrel but not by much and otherwise theyll be the same. S'all about which one you like more really.

Comment

I've got an Ares L85 A2 and that is a heavy bugger. My arm aches at the end of the day (feel sorry for our serving lads!!). The LSW weighs even more so unless you are a big lad (or body-builder) I wouldn't even consider it.
          JG & TM G36's/CA,JG,TM & WE M4's/TM MP5K/TM & KJW SIG P226's/A&K M249/ACM M500 SSB/3 x TM M3 Super90/TM Hi Capa/TM & ASG MK23 Socom's/WE Baby Hi Capa/KJW M92f/Star L85A2/2 x DE M3 Clone/A&K Magpul Masada

Comment

I own the ICS L86 and it is outstanding, though I have not tried the ARES so cannot compare the two. To be honest the L86 is very light for a support gun, and it has the benefit of using stanag mags so if you already have a weapon that uses them you need not splash out on more mags.

I use mine as both a support gun and DMR, and it does me fine as both.
            Armoury: VFC SCAR L, VFC SCAR H SSR, VFC Mk13 EGLM, KWA Vector, TM VSR-10, WE HK416, WE AKS74UN, WE SCAR L x2, DE M56 + M56B, Maruzen M1100 + M870, LaZouche Custom Shop Colt Mk.IV Series 70, TM 1911 MEU, TM 1911 Desert Warrior, TM Desert Eagle.

Comment

by the looks of it then its an l85.
              i dont want an army armament one.
              does the ares and ics have blowback or not cause the g&g one has blowback

Comment

Go for ICS, ive heard they're very good.

Comment

i've got a a star/ares L85A2 and an L22A2.

Unlike other Ares guns I've got they've never let me down.
                  Looks great, shoots far and accurately.

The Ares susat is a bit crap eye relief is terrible on mine, but the iron sight are really good.

Your about to start the ares ics fight all over again mind

Comment

personally, i have not owed one so i can not say for definate, however, they have a reputation of being good. Your saying the ares is good and i cant dispute that. I think you should get whichever one is cheaper then.

Comment

Originally posted by dave-yzf View Post
                      i've got a a star/ares L85A2 and an L22A2.

Unlike other Ares guns I've got they've never let me down.
                      Looks great, shoots far and accurately.

The Ares susat is a bit crap eye relief is terrible on mine, but the iron sight are really good.

Your about to start the ares ics fight all over again mind
                      When you say the eye relief is crap what do you mean? On the real one you have to have your eye smashed right up against it to see anything!

Will the ares take a real ris front end?
                      Buy my stuff!

Comment

I've got a real ris on mine, you need to elongate the hole that the mounting screw goes through but that's all. It won't fit on the ICS.
                        G&P L119A1 classic look ASCU / G&P L119A1 modern look / WE CO2 1911 / DBoys Kar98 / S&S Lee Enfield SMLE

Comment

I never thought id say this bit id say either the ICS or Ares will serve you well.
                          Ive only ever used ICS but did some research into the Ares because i wanted one compatible with either ACM or RS DD rails.
                          The Ares will take ACM or RS rails no problems.
                          The ICS will take the above but with major modification to the handguard securing section, however the Madbull RIS will go on the ICS with no modification.

Comment

Originally posted by Phatvortex View Post
                            When you say the eye relief is crap what do you mean? On the real one you have to have your eye smashed right up against it to see anything!

Will the ares take a real ris front end?
                            The eye relief is poor as you need your eye right up to it see see any thing.
                            It's not as good as I remember the real one being as even very close you don't get to see allot through it.
                            Also with glasses goggles on it is very hard to see anything clearly.

I've heard that the clone susats on the market are much better but I've not seen or used one before.

I wouldn't let that put you off the gun though as it is great.

Comment

Ive got the ICS L85 and I am very pleased with it.

It is converted to a semi only DMR running a host of upgraded internals.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Turkey Find out more about Turkey
                              Working...
                              X