FAMAS or FA-MAS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAMAS or FA-MAS

Hey, I've narrowed down my preferred rifle choice, but I'm unsure which make to go for, does anyone have any experience of either the Tokyo Marui AEG FA-MAS F1 or the ACM FAMAS F1 and what were your thoughts on them? What would your feedback and comparison of the rifles be ?

Jack

Re: FAMAS or FA-MAS

The hypen isn't important

The TM FAMAS was the first AEG they produced, nearly 20 years ago. It has had a few minor upgrades in it's lifespan (like a metal barrel for one) but is essentially the same gun that TM conquered the market with all those years ago. It is a mostly ABS weapon, but still very sturdy. The V1 gearbox has a reputation for being very reliable, if a little difficult to source upgrade parts for. As for range/accuracy, it's the same as any other long barreld AEG really. A guy on our team has had his for 12 years now and the only thing that has broken on it was the Systema piston he installed for a while, the original TM piston is back in and still going strong.

The ACM FAMAS is a clone of the TM, I havn't handled one in person so I can't really comment.

Comment

Marui or ACM... gee I wonder which one is going to be better

the marui is supposedly creaky as fook, but other than that a truly bombproof gun. I doubt the ACM will even be in the same league as the marui.

Comment

TM every time - don't touch the ACM one with a 10 foot pole. The Marui ones are really lightweight, with an excellent rate of fire and pretty nice accuracy.

The ACM ones as they are Chinese clones will be... crap, to put it bluntly.

Bottom line - if you have the option of ACM (Clone) or TM in ANYTHING you buy - choose TM. They may be more expensive but its better to pay more for a TM than to waste a lot of money on a turd.
        Armoury: VFC SCAR L, VFC SCAR H SSR, VFC Mk13 EGLM, KWA Vector, TM VSR-10, WE HK416, WE AKS74UN, WE SCAR L x2, DE M56 + M56B, Maruzen M1100 + M870, LaZouche Custom Shop Colt Mk.IV Series 70, TM 1911 MEU, TM 1911 Desert Warrior, TM Desert Eagle.

Comment

I had a TM Famas and really didnt like it. The battery compartment was a bugger to get into, and it was unbearably creaky.

Ive heard the Jing Peng one is full metal. If you have the money, buy a Jing Peng and install TM internals into it!

Comment

Speak for yourself, some clones Id rather have than a TM. Ill take a cheap CYMA AK over a TM AK anyday.

However some clones... such as ACM tend to be utter garbage.

also, completely ignore the above comment about Jing Peng, seriously, youd be better off putting your money into a pile and pouring petrol over it, then setting fire to it.

Comment

hi have both and would say go TM as it a much better built gun yes the body is creaky but that can be sorted but it will run for ever.
              the ACM one is cheap and will fall apart i.e. the plastic feet on mine. where the TM has lots of metal parts (outer barrel,legs and feet and cocking handle) the ACM only has metal legs and a pop inner barrel.
              Captain Price: We're going deep and we're going hard
              SAS: Surely, you can't be serious?
              Captain Price: I'm serious. And don't call me Shirley

Comment

i have a tm famas and tbh its a brilliant gun was you looking to buy one?

Comment

Originally posted by Tiercel View Post
                  Speak for yourself, some clones Id rather have than a TM. Ill take a cheap CYMA AK over a TM AK anyday.

However some clones... such as ACM tend to be utter garbage.

also, completely ignore the above comment about Jing Peng, seriously, youd be better off putting your money into a pile and pouring petrol over it, then setting fire to it.
                  Tiercel I don't consider the CYMA AK series to be clones as they are too good imo to be consider 'just' a clone.

Before I derail the thread though, as I said before - TM FAMAS all the way.
                  Armoury: VFC SCAR L, VFC SCAR H SSR, VFC Mk13 EGLM, KWA Vector, TM VSR-10, WE HK416, WE AKS74UN, WE SCAR L x2, DE M56 + M56B, Maruzen M1100 + M870, LaZouche Custom Shop Colt Mk.IV Series 70, TM 1911 MEU, TM 1911 Desert Warrior, TM Desert Eagle.

Comment

Originally posted by Jester! View Post
                    I had a TM Famas and really didnt like it. The battery compartment was a bugger to get into, and it was unbearably creaky.

Ive heard the Jing Peng one is full metal. If you have the money, buy a Jing Peng and install TM internals into it!
                    No, jin peng cetainly arent full metal, i had one, still creaked loads, and teh anti reversal latch broke for it being overly powerfull, the extra power didnt even help range or acccuracy. Get a tm and just get a tb barrel and your sorted.

Comment

de4f go for the TM... I had one, but sold it.. kinda miss it... lol
                      FOR SALE
                      7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
                      , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

Acm is better for upgrades as it takes ak style motors and loads of v2 parts but tm is better out of the box.

Comment

have tried both and have to say that the TM is much more solid and robust - i do know that they are not everyones cup of earl gray but the TM is solid, robust and with the additional weight feels so solid and comfortable at the shoulder that it feels part of you and very very "pointable"

from previous shooting experiance i know how important the "fit" of a gun is and have to say that this one suits me down to the ground

if you can get one second hand on here grab it and i doubt that you would be disappointed.

shev

Comment

When it comes to the FAMAS, the TM is the only one worth buying, but it's an absolute monster of a gun. You can sort 95% of the creaking with a bit of duct tape, a scalpel and a spare hour or two

Comment

Sooooooo, I was thinking about getting the acm but after reading all this I'm guessing i shouldnt? only have enough money for actionhobbies. If I dont get the acm famas i was thinking of getting the "JG G36K RIS M4 Club Foot Stock AEG".

That sucks, I was hoping the ACM would be good but apparantly not :P
                              Originally posted by cool-breeze87
                              I named one of my guns after my ex girlfriend, because it doesn't work and all it does is whines all the time :P

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Jackinator Find out more about Jackinator
                              Working...
                              X