Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

Tokyo Marui M16A2 - I`ve just been given one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tokyo Marui M16A2 - I`ve just been given one?

Happy days, I Think. Is this any good ?, and what do I need to do, to check it is safe to use. Battery has charged and it seems ok, fired a few test bb`s, but I have no idea how old it is or in what condition inside.

Was thinking of checking out a local site FRV Airsoft, and see if they can give iy a once over, or should I have alook myself ?

Comments please

Cheers

Re: Tokyo Marui M16A2 - I`ve just been given one ??

Well Tokyo maruis in general are tanks.

To be honest take it to a gun tech for a once over

Comment

Normally if your inexperienced, and don't know the condition of the gun its best to do such a thing as take it to them to have alook and possibly a service on it.

Are you new to the sport?

thanks,

Tom
      Check out my Feedback!

TM Desert Eagle Hardkick|Systema PTW TW5 (tackleberry custom)| Systema PTW M4 MAX 2 (Tackleberry custom) | Systema PTW M4 MAX (Tackleberry custom)

Comment

anything given to you is usually* a good thing

*may not apply to anything

Comment

Thanks for the replys.
          Brand new to the game, and obviously cant wait to get a day out. Have sussed out local site details and will mail in the am. Maybe do a bit of research and see if any reviews on the M16 etc.

Ta

Comment

Re: Tokyo Marui M16A2 - I`ve just been given one?

where abouts in northern ireland do you hail from?

Comment

Yep, the gun should last a while.

Honestly, had guns fired over 100,000 rounds with the stock internals, they're well built.

The only problem with the TM Armalites is they suffer from barrel wobble... A lot of it.
              I'd replace the outer barrel, and whilst at it get a cheap tightbore (Element or Madbull might do the job) - you'll notice the FPS increase from around 270 to 290, perhaps more, which will give you a slight bit more range.
              Change the body to a metal one. All makes should be compatible - G&G and G&P making solid bodies, but to keep costs down, DBOYS and JG do some good ones as well.

Then you should have a very nice rifle.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

+1 on the G&P bodies i have the m4 version and there is no wobble whatsoever.
                Great bit of kit.
                Check out my Feedback!

TM Desert Eagle Hardkick|Systema PTW TW5 (tackleberry custom)| Systema PTW M4 MAX 2 (Tackleberry custom) | Systema PTW M4 MAX (Tackleberry custom)

Comment

I used to have an M16A2 which id put full G&P external parts on, was solid as a rock and never gave me any trouble
                  G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
                  RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

You could probably pick up some G&P externals second hand at a alright price i guess, how much for you think aeviv?
                    Check out my Feedback!

Comment

"where abouts in northern ireland do you hail from?"
                      From the North Coast, Coleraine. Have taken the bull by the preverbials, and myself, 3 other dads and our 4 boys have booked a half day at FRV Airsoft.
                      Only way to learn I suppose. Will use their lit untill I get a bit of game time and experience.
                      Many thanks for tips, upgrade pointers etc. Let ya all know how it goes

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

tim16712 Fresh to the game folks Find out more about tim16712
                      Working...
                      X