Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illumination advice

Hello again everyone,

Once again I am in need of assistance, and given the subject matter I'm hoping you can .... shed some light for me!? Ha! ... Ha? ...

Anyway, I need some help getting my weapons sorted so that I'm not tripping up in the dark again.

First off I'm looking to replace the cheap PEQ15 replica I have on my M4. I've discovered that the lamp is REALLY lame. To be honest, it might as well cast a shadow for all the good it does at helping light stuff up. It was £35 though I guess... Ideally I'd like both a decent torch as well as a red laser.

Also, I'd like some help with trying to get a short torch for my SPAS12 and P90. For the shotgun, ideally I'm hoping that there's some way of getting a mount around the barrel or secondary tube that shells would go in, so that I could then attach a torch. That way I could then get a RIS mount and simply swap the same torch from the SPAS12 to the P90, depending on what I'm doing.

Budget wise lets say no more than £150-200 for the lot if possible, but throw whatever ideas out there you feel like.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Illumination advice

Hi mate,
    If I remember you skirmish at FAO, I am planning on heading up to the Asylum next month and I can show you my Olight (It's an M20 in particular) if you are there (and if you can wait the few weeks before making a decision on a torch. I can not recommend it more, I would not buy a clone torch again!
    I know you are wanting a PEQ but really they are for looks I have not seen anybody with a PEQ that had even a reasonable torch on it.
    There are mounts made to fit Shotgun barrels, just google "Barrel Mount" Mine just has a little bit of ris on the mount so I can now attach anything on it really although it is quite small, but big enough for a torch mount.
    If you want any more info just ask away.

Comment

i got a good torch from somewhere from hong kong and just taped the git to my slr works great or if you realy want to see what your doin be on fire you cant be more illumined then that :D ha

Comment

Olight T20 or M20 with a pressure switch. Amazing bit of kit and great value.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. Much appreciated.

I'll take a look into the Olight and see if it tickles my fancy. I'll have to take a look at some mounts for one too. I may substitute the PEQ for a separate torch and laser unit, one on each side of my RIS front end. A PEQ would preferable though.

Originally posted by BringOnThunder View Post
          Hi mate,
          If I remember you skirmish at FAO, I am planning on heading up to the Asylum next month and I can show you my Olight (It's an M20 in particular) if you are there (and if you can wait the few weeks before making a decision on a torch. I can not recommend it more, I would not buy a clone torch again!
          I know you are wanting a PEQ but really they are for looks I have not seen anybody with a PEQ that had even a reasonable torch on it.
          There are mounts made to fit Shotgun barrels, just google "Barrel Mount" Mine just has a little bit of ris on the mount so I can now attach anything on it really although it is quite small, but big enough for a torch mount.
          If you want any more info just ask away.
          Yeah you're right I'm at FAO, and the Asylum is my regular site. I'll most likely be there on each game day throughout August, so give me a shout when you know what day you're going.

Comment

Originally posted by Apathy View Post
            Yeah you're right I'm at FAO, and the Asylum is my regular site. I'll most likely be there on each game day throughout August, so give me a shout when you know what day you're going.
            I Regularly use The Outpost but been not been able to get there for the last 4 or so games and fancy heading to the Asylum for the first time. I'll get back to you if I remember :P I have to say it is a nice bit of kit though! I can let you have a gander at the mounts as well.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Apathy Find out more about Apathy
            Working...
            X