which sights for my AA l85

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which sights for my AA l85

recently got an AA l85 and decided i would like to get rid of the carry rail for some sort of sights.
    currently looking at Eotechs, acogs and the susat.
    however, iv heard that the ares susat isnt too great and personally, i dont like the look of it.

regarding the eotech and acog, which brands would you guys recomend and would even fit the rail?

id also like to ask is a 509, 6.01 mm TB worth the money if im using full auto and should i change the hop nub to say a firefly.
    sorry if its a lot of information, been outa airsoft due to a holiday and iv always been useless with aegs

cheers
    They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far
    -Tony Stark
    sigpic

The Ares susat wont fit your AA without modification anyway.
    If you want a susat it would have to be the G&G version.

An Eotech would need a convertor rail i believe.

And an ACOG will simply need the riser rail.

Comment

Re: which sights for my AA l85

regarding the converter and riser? are they available readily? and also which make of Acog should be avoided and such. im planning on shopping around and dont have a clue which are the best makes to go for.

cheers
      They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far
      -Tony Stark
      sigpic

Comment

Theres a few options available at the minute depending on what sight you want to use. SUSAT is most common out there at the minute. Could stick with the iron sights. Failing those, ACOG with a docter sight, or if you want to be really up to date go for the LDS (lightweight day sight). You could get a riser rail and fit the ACOG or LDS, convertor rail for an Eotech (which look ugly in my opinion on SA80's), or manipulate the SUSAT on (G&G one).
        Theres no reason not to get a TB barrel, but you will need to clean it a hell of a lot if your using lots of full auto, or it'll become clogged up rather quickly. And theres never a reason not to change a hop nub if you think it will improve your shots! Its not a necessity though.

Comment

The riser for the ACOG can be brought off Ebay.
          The rail adaptor you would have to ask an AA owner what one fits and if its available.

The best quality as far as ACOGs go i would say G&P but you will pay a premium for the name.
          In my opinion ACM ACOGs are perfectly fine for airsoft use (i have one on my L85)
          Once again you can pick up various makes and models of ACOG on Ebay but if your going for somewhere near an acurate brit look you want a TA31 with a docter red dot mounted on it (about £100 from memory)

Comment

a slightly off topic question, but regarding the DD ris that recently came out, the bay has one for £97 delivered, and says it will fit the army l85. seeing as you have one on your we l85 tisane, would you recomend buying from there or another HK retailer? want to turn my gun into somethign slightly unique seeing as a few of the lads own the ics version

cheers
            -Tony Stark
            sigpic

Comment

An acog like this
              http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/image...fh-010-047.jpg
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by DMC airsoft View Post
                a slightly off topic question, but regarding the DD ris that recently came out, the bay has one for £97 delivered, and says it will fit the army l85. seeing as you have one on your we l85 tisane, would you recomend buying from there or another HK retailer? want to turn my gun into somethign slightly unique seeing as a few of the lads own the ics version

cheers
                Mate get it off one of the 2 main HK retailers.
                Its $125 on both and $160 on Ebay, ok the Ebay one has free postage but the difference is $35....lol
                Dont think the retailers charge quite that much for postage.

Comment

iv never been charged with customs fees when buying from the bay tho, and the last time i bought from hk, i got slapped with a £39 fee for like a £27 item. Either way, it is the madbull version i want correct? i have the AA r85.
                  only issue i would have then is fitting the large type battery i use inside the ris handguard

cheers for all the advice
                  -Tony Stark
                  sigpic

Comment

If your certain your not going to get hit with fees then go for Ebay mate.

Ive seen on other threads that the RS and ACM variants fit too but the RS, people want almost as much 2nd hand as the madbull is new, and the ACM version good luck finding that.

As for battery space there is loads

You may be able to fit a cranestock Nimh in there but your best bet would probably be to grab a 7.4v cranestock lipo.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

DMC airsoft Find out more about DMC airsoft
                    Working...
                    X