X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M203? Madbull AGX? Or just a grip?

so guys, bit of cash and im looking to add to my M4 SOPMOD

what do you guys think and why?

should i slap on that M203? Put on a AGX? or just go with a Grip?
    If you ever need any weightlifting, protein or gym advice let me know.

Re: M203? Madbull AGX? Or just a grip?

For the amount of use you will get out of a launcher, i'd say go with a grip

Comment

coolies any recommendations? was thinking a magpul one?

Comment

I would say Madbull AGX, simply because I'm selling one!

Get a grip. Woohahaha.

But if you like the look of an M203 hanging off your gun, get a TM tact. launcher... I so want one of those. Basically a tri-shottie underslung...
        sigpic

Comment

ohhhh i like the sound of that,

ive seen a few vids with the AGX and it looks a lil bit tight with the grip and the mag zone.

Comment

To be honest it depends on your game play. The M203 is the only way forward on an M4 for the looks (the AGX is more suited to be a cheap substitute for the AG36 or AG80) but remember its going to add a lot of weight to your front end and take it very off balance, I had one and it makes the gun very nose heavy. Get a simple vertical foregrip for if your more of a woodland player, if you play urban an M203 will work fine.

As for the TM tac launchers. They are nice but it is still more weight over the front of the gun. The M4's biggest downfall in airsoft is balance. Because of the full metal and gearbox etc then a polymer stock with no weight (You need to get into the screw for the stock) it is very front heavy compared to most other AEG's.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

weights not really a problem... benching 140Kg tends to help out with that one

Comment

Yea its not the weight, its generally the balance thats the biggest problem, trying to shoot a gun thats heavier in your off arm is a pain that doubled with the little kick you get from a sopmod is going to lead to a slight drop in accuracy.

I went with the forgrip in the end just due to playing in woodland mostly and it never getting used.

This Post may contain my opinions and if you disagree with them Tough S**T!

Comment

fair enough, livign in london most places around me mainly are CQB i may pop up to my local with my SOPMOD and try them and see what i think.... i can see where doing 4/5 hours would be a strain...

Comment

I found when I had my last M4, an M203 with a grenade in it pretty much doubled the weight. The grenades are fairly heavy and will weigh you down some more. There's also thinking about space on your rig for grenade pouches, possibly taking gas out with you etc...

I sold mine after one game.

Looked damn tasty though...
                    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to discern whether or not they are genuine. - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

I've got a M203 on my G&P M4, and to be honest, I actually find that much more comfortable to shoulder and use than I did with a grip. It is hefty, my gun now weighs in at 4Kg, but balance wise it comes out alright as I have an ACOG and a crane stock housing the battery. It adds to the already solid feeling gun, and gives you an extra toy / option to play with out in the field.

Storing the grenades on vests is a bit of an issue, as once prepped you have to be careful with them, but a couple of 40mm 'nade pouches and you're all set. The rounds themselves don't weigh much either really, probably no more than a metal gas pistol magazine.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

woody549 Chilled as a panda in the zoo Find out more about woody549
                      Working...
                      X