UK FPS limits, GBB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK FPS limits, GBB

hi there i was wondering what are the UK FPS limits for GBB's?

im asking this as i know the standards are 328 for AEG, 425 semi auto AEG and 500 for bolt action snipers.

But i heard somewhere that GBB rifles with full auto can do 370? so if thats tru does that change for semi auto GBB's as im trying to make mine semi auto to use as a DMR/sniper,

Cheers,
    FireShark03

Re: UK FPS limits, GBB

The limit for each site remains the same whatever you fire it from.

Comment

Ive seen a gas gun that can hit over 900 fps Ive seen a gbb pistol that can hit over 400fps and more the limits depends on your site and what they allow

If you have a gbbr you may need a npas system for it

Im just learning about gbbr`s myself as I want to buy one so lets see who else can roll in with some help for you.
      sigpic
      Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

oh ok then thats fair enough, ive got an NPAS kit in my rifle as i bought a custom Ra-tech but not sure how to use it yet haha so im kind of in the same boat as u with the whole new to GBB

Comment

Ah ok if you check videos on youtube you can pull out the npas and adjust it to set the fps higher or lower it seams quite easy to do in the vids I have seen.
          sigpic

Comment

can you not do it whilst its in the gun? as i can spin mine in the rifle. do you have any links you would recommend?

Comment

Ive had a we ratech, id even go far as to say that youve got my old one, you can alter the fps with an allen key straight down the nozzle as it Open Bolt
              Originally posted by Bluegill
              5 years Backyard Skirmishing...

I hope that's not an airsoft euphemism

Comment

yeah I`ve seen some where you could do it without taking it out of the gun, you`ll need a chrono or a coke can or something to chrono it with.
                sigpic

Comment

haha cool thought you could but i bought mine new from Ra-tech so hope not lol, reasons u got rid of urs? and if it was the M14 EBR how did urs perform?

Comment

from what I`ve read any WE open bolt is "amazing" lol
                    sigpic

Comment

lol yeh the " dont make me think you being sarcastic at all

Comment

Well its not my words but I`ve been told they are great by people who`s opinions I trust
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FireShark03 View Post
                          hi there i was wondering what are the UK FPS limits for GBB's?

im asking this as i know the standards are 328 for AEG, 425 semi auto AEG and 500 for bolt action snipers.

But i heard somewhere that GBB rifles with full auto can do 370? so if thats tru does that change for semi auto GBB's as im trying to make mine semi auto to use as a DMR/sniper,
                          To clarify: They use the term "AEG" because that's what most people have.
                          My local uses the terms "Full Auto", "Semi Auto" and "Bolt Action", with no specific reference to type.

Comment

As I understand it, there is a limit of 12ft/lbs for all projectile firing, non-lisence requiring weapons in the UK. There is no "fps limit" as it were for Airsoft guns, there is a guideline of 1 joule (328fps with a .2) however sites choose their own limit for different weapons.

E.g. my local allows up to 350 with anything that has full auto, or has ever had full auto. They allow up to 500fps for anything that was manufactured with semi-auto only, not a full auto rifle with the full auto disabled.

I have never heard of anywhere imposing different fps limits for gas and AEG weapons. Some places ban GBBRs altogether but different fps limits sounds a bit odd.

Comment

Its soooo bloody simple realy.

A GBBR with full auto capability will have the same FPS limits as its AEG counterpart.
                              A gas sniper will have the same FPS limits as its spring or semi locked AEG counterpart.

I can think of no possible reason why any site would allow GBBRs a higher FPS limit than its electric or spring counterpart.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

FireShark03 there finnaly actually put some details in :-D Find out more about FireShark03
                              Working...
                              X