G36 - JG or Cyma?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G36 - JG or Cyma?

I'm thinking of getting a cheap g36 as a back up just in case I develop a problem on a game day. I have a sweet G&P QRF which has been faultless until now, however I don't want all my eggs in one basket.

Which of the above is the best makes in terms of quality and reliability? I hear JG are pretty good and that Cyma are usually super-hot out of the box, my mates Cyma MP5 is pretty sweet and the quality looks ok. They seem to be about the same price in most stores.

Any help appreciated.

Re: G36 - JG or Cyma?

I'de personally go for the JG, they are really easy to upgrade and all you really need to do to them is replace the hop nub and rubber and maybe put a high speed/torque motor in and you've got your self a nice little runner. but JG do also tend to run a bit hot so you could be looking at a re-spring and a re-shim.

No point having a back up which you cant use because its too hot
    Signature Removed

Comment

I had a JG G36c, served me well for 2 years without a problem. It still fired after falling face first on it and nearly snapping the whole thing in half!
      Hero to some, Villain to most.

Comment

Maybe you should consider the src g36c i don't think its that much more than the others. The fps is around 330 and the build quality is very good.

Comment

The JG G36c is one of the very best AEGs you can buy for the money, much better than the SRC and apart from possiby needing an FPS downgrade is ready to go out of the box, hop unit etc are perfectly useable. I was'nt aware Cyma made a G36 though?
          HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

Yes they make one, its quite good from what I know. Come in at around 370fps, so yes a little hot.

The JG is probably the one to go for though, but if the CYMA is similarly priced, I'd give the latter a go as recent CYMA guns seem to be lasting forever (not to say the JG doesn't, but who says not to give one a try?) Hehe. But honestly, the JG is better than the SRC - which uses a metal hop unit I think (a complete waste in my opinion) and the in-built nub design is, well, poor and kills the fps off a lot! I also didn't like the body.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

jg. or WE for gas...

Comment

I had a JG G36, a good starter gun for the money but you do get what you pay for. Pot metal and cheap plastic gallore, every little nut and screw snapped and rounded themselves off over the two years that I owned it and when I tried to disassemble it. By my own admission I'm not the most delicate of sorts though, I've already broken a small pin retaining the RIS rail and rounded a screw off my ICS . First thing to break was the rear sight and the cocking handle.

I subsequently donated it to a friend who found out the inner barrel had cracked and the hop unit was screwed. I really didn't look after it though.

Okay for the money, but I'd recommend a second hand Classic Army or TM if I were you.
                - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

JG all the way for AEG. They are excellent out the box having seen many and having owned one. Excellent build quality but they can be a little warm too!!

Comment

Cheers Chaps

I have also seen that LWA are selling a lovely Ares G36cv with the folding stock and adjustable in tan for £190! Choices, choices.....

http://www.landwarriorairsoft.com/ac...dAEG_2d02_2dDE

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

beefcurtains1977 Unicorns of Wonder Find out more about beefcurtains1977
                    Working...
                    X