Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

3 shot burst MOSFETs. Recommendations/advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 shot burst MOSFETs. Recommendations/advice?

Putting together an M4 that I plan to get some milsim games under my belt with, or at least play like milsim with.

The project is just a nice simple M4a1 with a greenish jungle spray job, looking like the classic Gary Gordon M4SD but in green rather than tan. Yes I know it's been done before.

What I wanted to do was replace full auto with a 3 round burst. What are the mosfets that do this, and are there any to avoid/watch out for/be aware of?

Re: 3 shot burst MOSFETs. Recommendations/advice?

airsoft systems smart control unit version 2 its £100 and you can get it if you google it pretty easy to install it has step by step instructions

Comment

Raptor.

No comparrison.

Fireworks Ares is much cheaper and a good fet too.
      Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

whats the trigger response like on the raptor midas i was looking at the ascu 2 but how do they compare

Comment

I have the plug and play mosfet thats doing the rounds, been using it for about 3 months and its been perfect, i took the tamiya's off it and converted to deans so it didnt slow rof down.
          Dont expect all the other gumph they say it does to work as apart from the 3 rd burst, nothing else seemed to work

Originally posted by Metalbody
          pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

Most fets are similar for response times etc.

Most of the speed improvements are seen due to the new wire being better quality with lower resistance. The high speed stuff I build doesn't benifit from one fet to another.

Trigger response is more down to the way you have your gun set up rather than just a fet. If you have £100 to spend on a fet, maybe consider a new Ultra torque motor a small 11.1 and something like the Fireworks Ares fet to give three round burst. That will give you much better gains than just spending a £100 on a fet.

I have the Stealth in my XM I am sure the Raptor will give umpteen more options. The trigger pull is better than any standard mechanical trigger block. It's really nice.
            Gun tech.

Comment

I was going to say the stealth looks really really nice but price`y

Just 3rd burst the old fashion way with your finger get a fet that's going to pretty much get you a full cycle each time and bam

Now what I would love is a tri sector gear with just one cut off nub to that it can only do 3rd burst and set up the gun so you just have safe and 3 rd burst but them 3rds are shot at the equivalent of say 100rps so you fire 3 rounds when most guns pistons are still winding back lol

Midas why aren't you making your own brand of 3rd burst fets yet ?
              sigpic
              Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

I never seem to have any time to myself these days.
                Gun tech.

Comment

I keep telling you its time to get yourself some slave labour mate lol
                  sigpic

Comment

MOSFET is he way to do it not just feathering the trigger.

This ply and play MOSFET, if I were to be using an 11,1v lipo with it, and deans connectors, in a standard TM/Jg gearbox, would it survive, and be fairly responsive? I'm not a trigger speed junkie, so long as it's not sluggish and it doesn't lock up I'm happy

Comment

strangely my AEG burst wizard has seamed ok the few times I used it its a bit gay to set up but its really easy it is a bit amateurish compared to any of the other fets mentioned but it did stop the trigger arch of an 11.1v and it also has a single shot sniper mode you can set it up for.

Id lose the mini tam`s in a serious rig but its a nice thing to have as it means I can set up any gun to be 1 to 7 round burst anytime I want and take it off anytime I want too.

but the stealth mosfet is the one I`d get if money was no object
                      sigpic

Comment

Money is an object. Would only be interested in doing it on a budget, not spending £100!

Comment

well if you going to buy a cheap one then buy a burst wizard there only £40

Comment

Originally posted by V.A.K View Post
                            well if you going to buy a cheap one then buy a burst wizard there only £40
                            would that be ok with a 7.4 lipo>?
                            AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
                            http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

yeah they have a built in lipo cut off, so if the battery gets low it shuts off,tbh i've not used one so i can't say, but honestly i wouldn't use one but thats because i run the version one smart control unit in my m4 and have just ordered two of the version 2's

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Boo-Sabum Ben Instructor & Umpire with the International Taekwon-Do Federation Find out more about Boo-Sabum Ben
                              Working...
                              X