Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to airsoft (gun advice)

Hi guys

Just received my ukara membership so now thinking what gun to get. I play at awa herts it's a woodland site so I'm looking for a gun with a excellent shooting distance and no more than 350fps. I'm going to be looking at spending around £400-500 ish. If I'm honest I've probably spent the last few months googling airsoft guns but still can't work out what to get!

Here are some of my ideas so far.

1. TM g36k recoil

2. TM spring sniper vsr + TM mp5k

3. G&P tank or similar

4.g&g blowback m4

I am looking for any advice and also have a few questions.

Can you upgrade the g36k and mp5k by Tokyo marui?
    What would I need to change in a spring TM sniper to get it up to 350fps safely?

I keep seeing mixed reviews on the g&ps/g&gs not sure if I wanna risk it.

Tokyo marui aep (the ones without aa batteries) are they any good? Can you upgrade them?

Any help much appreciated.

Brodhurst

Re: New to airsoft (gun advice)

Don't get a sniper rifle as your first gun. And I think its between 1 and 4.
    Originally posted by Tiercel
    The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

Well the TM will need upgrades and the G&G will need down grades but they are the best choices.

Comment

With that budget go for a G&P Sentry, good reliable internals and great externals.... Will probably onle have to change the Hop unit in a few months and it will keep going and going!!
        DTW in a CTW body with systema barrel and hop for sale....open to offers for quick sale!! ***may be interested in a swap for PCP air rifle***

Comment

Originally posted by Brogeta View Post
          Well the TM will need upgrades and the G&G will need down grades but they are the best choices.
          You dont 'need' to up-grade a TM , people just do out of choice , fresh out of the box nine time out of ten it'll out perform most other stock guns on the skirmish site .
          From deepest darkest pagan Wales ! The steel wolves !

Comment

@hawk thought it might be ok if I also carried the TM mp5k?

Cheers for all your input do far guys

Comment

Originally posted by Brodhurst View Post
              @hawk thought it might be ok if I also carried the TM mp5k?

Cheers for all your input do far guys
              Its just most of us on here will say that it best to start off with an assault rifle or PDW. Sniping is one of those things that isn't for everyone. The amout of times I have seen people say on the classifieds that they thought they'd love it, then after one or two games they end up selling thier gun because they say that it sucked. I myself snipe, but not all the time.
              Originally posted by Tiercel
              The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

G36 is a good choice as its a good all rounder and the recoil will add extra coolness

Comment

Cheers guys

Does anyone know anything about upgrading these said guns?

Comment

I'm also new to airsoft and purchased a G&P M4 Cracker as my first CQBR gun. What I will say it's been trouble free and VERY easy to upgrade. It's also cheap to upgrade and plenty of after marker parts available. With the simple addition of a another hop unit + inner barrel plus a silencer, (£60 total) I can change the gun from 328 fps to 350 fps within a couple of minutes. Hence makes this gun a good all rounder.

What I will say is carrying a full metal gun for a full days airsofting is also something else you should consider. Hence the 50/50 build on the TM makes them a comfortable choice for a days gaming.

Comment

Any other comments appreciated

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Brodhurst Find out more about Brodhurst
                      Working...
                      X