Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tm p90

just got a tm p90tr on its way to me in the post :D

my question is can i mount a torch with pressure pad on the side of it as im going to have my sight on the top of it.

if so where can i buy rails or what ever i need to do it?

Re: tm p90

tr= triple rail so you got to top one for sights and 1 one each side for accessories eg lasers.

So you won't need anything , a torch will fit fine.

Comment

Originally posted by SAS Scott View Post
      So you won't need anything , a torch will fit fine.
      Assuming the torch comes with a rail mount...

Comment

also do you have the tri rail or the red dot version?

my red dot one had a rail on the side of the red dot, so easily able to put one on there
        FOR SALE
        7" Magpul ERGO free float ris, 7" larue ff ris,
        , multicam pistol pouch, ACM pistol fast bags.

Comment

Originally posted by ElZer0 View Post
          also do you have the tri rail or the red dot version?
          He said P90TR, not P90RDS.

Comment

no red dot built in there is one rail on the top so thats where im putting my sight will this torch fit in it ok?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/651/dscf1377z.jpg/
            http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/706/dscf1378r.jpg/
            http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/809/dscf1380y.jpg/
            http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/143/dscf1381w.jpg/

this is what i have on my P90: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/718/48122855.jpg/

if not what type will?
            Last edited by sav2011; 1 August, 2011, 21:45.

Comment

also ive heard that the hi caps jam is that true? ive just ordered 4 of them lol

Comment

Yes, the hicaps are notorious for being crap.

Comment

The P90 TR has three RIS rails, one on the top of the upper reciever and two stubby ones on the sides of the upper reciever. More than enough for a laser, sight and torch set up. As for high caps, you're better off going for Marui low caps or Silverback mid caps, high caps need to be removed to be wound up again, reloaded into the gun and can jam often.
                  Edit: frakking ninjas... yes, what Tiercel said.
                  Failure is always an option.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan SG-7 View Post
                    high caps need to be removed to be wound up again, reloaded into the gun and can jam often.
                    Yes they can jam, but if they work properly, they WILL empty with a single wind - no need to keep "topping-up" the wind like is needed on normal hi-caps.

Comment

My hi-cap must be extra faulty then, if I ever use it it either jams up or refuses to feed and has to be wound up again, hmm. I need me more lowcaps.
                      Failure is always an option.

Comment

If mounting pressure pad operated torches or lasers you will need a few inches of self adhesive Velcro to mount the switch to the receiver. Be careful where you run the cables as most torches come with way to much for the very compact P90.

The TM High-Cap mags feed fine if you give them a little care once in a while. Dont slap them into the gun aka the Stargate Slap! And under filling them just a little helps them feed better. My son ran the same two Hi-Caps for three years without any major problems. I would recommend both the Silverback and MAG mid caps both feed excellently and very reliably. You will need a good speed-loader for those as they eat cheap ones for breakfast. :D

Just a quick word in case you are thinking of upgrading! Don't at least not for a while. The TM P90 will out shoot most stock guns and many upgrade guns you will come across and the hop unit is almost perfect. Put some nice Blaster or Madbull ammo in there and spend ten minutes setting the hop properly and it will run forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan SG-7 View Post
                          My hi-cap must be extra faulty then, if I ever use it it either jams up or refuses to feed and has to be wound up again, hmm. I need me more lowcaps.
                          That's because the mag jams. BBs can jam in the corners, making it impossible for the mechanism to pick them up - that means you use up what's in the feed tube. When they run out, one of 2 things happens:
                          1) If the pickup is jammed, the gun dry-fires. Removing the mag and knocking it might free it up.
                          2) If the pickup isn't jammed, there's no back pressure on the spring, so it unwinds. You'll need to rewind it. (Not a problem for me, as I made a winder for them).

WRT mods: All I've done to my TM P90 is put in a 6.03 barrel to tighten the grouping a bit.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sav2011 Find out more about sav2011
                          Working...
                          X