G&P AEG M4A1 Carbine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&P AEG M4A1 Carbine

i was just wondering what type of external accessories could be put on this rifle i am wanting to get a crane stock and a front RIS. anyone with any knowledge of this G&P M4A1 any information on customising it would be very helpfull. On another note is there anything internally that should be upgraded straight away or is it a pretty solid gun straight out of the box?

Re: G&P AEG M4A1 Carbine

hmm why not just buy a G&P with the parts already ?
    g&p m4 qrf ( gp625 ) does not cost a lot more than a standard m4a1
    Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

I have to buy it two tone so the carbine is perfect for me front hand guard,carry handle stock and pistol grip will all be painted my birthday is in october so thats about the perfect space of time to get my UKARA Defence, meaning if i find out what parts are compatible i can give family ideas on what to get me as gifts. And just soo everyone knows its not soo i can get around the laws i had that in another thread, can never hurt to know a little about the AEG you wish to get :P

Comment

If your birthday is in October, why not just wait until after, get registered, and buy a RIF?

Sounds like a classic case of "fools rush in"...

Comment

my local site i have heard has quite bad rentals, i personally would feel alot more satisfaction showing up to the site with my own rifle that i know will work and has only been used by me. Call me stupid but I like the fact of trying to upgrade my own gun rather then buying a RIF that is what i plan on creating, im looking to airsoft as a full time hobby and the best way for me to learn is by doing.

Comment

buy a cheap TT just to get you close to your BD then sell it back on , for the little extra wait it will be worth it .
            G&P parts on there own will cost more than the gun ! and then you will have to get it rewired to the rear aswell ! + tools , you could try other makes of parts but tbh there is a chance they will not fit or the finish will be pants
            Please do not advertise on this forum

Comment

Originally posted by johnnyj View Post
              buy a cheap TT just to get you close to your BD then sell it back on , for the little extra wait it will be worth it .
              G&P parts on there own will cost more than the gun ! and then you will have to get it rewired to the rear aswell ! + tools , you could try other makes of parts but tbh there is a chance they will not fit or the finish will be pants
              Yep I wouldn't get a really nice gun and then two tone it as once your registered you will quickly begin to dislike it and want to get something else that is all black.

P.S.
              He's right about G&P parts too, they are very expensive however very few companies come close to their quality....

Comment

yeah i can see where you are coming from but the parts that would come two-tone are the front hand guard which i will replace with a RIS anyway until then it could just be repainted black if needs be. The carry handle which will be taken off because i will want to put a sight of some sort on and a stock for more battery space. I don't particularly like PEQ boxes. Two-Tone doesn't really bother me ill use it for as long as i need to. The reason i want a G&P is because I've heard they are excellent out of the box and are best if you look to modify internals eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by RedemptiionZ View Post
                  yeah i can see where you are coming from but the parts that would come two-tone are the front hand guard which i will replace with a RIS anyway until then it could just be repainted black if needs be. The carry handle which will be taken off because i will want to put a sight of some sort on and a stock for more battery space. I don't particularly like PEQ boxes. Two-Tone doesn't really bother me ill use it for as long as i need to. The reason i want a G&P is because I've heard they are excellent out of the box and are best if you look to modify internals eventually.
                  As someone who has an ex two-tone I can tell you that replacing the parts doesn't always work as traces/specs of green paint will still be left in the delta ring, handguard cap, stock tube etc.

Comment

Originally posted by oliver dowinton View Post
                    As someone who has an ex two-tone I can tell you that replacing the parts doesn't always work as traces/specs of green paint will still be left in the delta ring, handguard cap, stock tube etc.
                    Nothing a Cotton bud and some paint remover wouldnt remove?

Anyway thank you for the info you have given me something to seriously think about now, but but just incase if I was to go this route, would I be limited to only G&P externals? is that how it works sorry im new to airsoft so just finding out as much as I can all I can say is I know I want to buy rather than rent. So from what I want would you suggest I just try and get a m4 with RIS and Crane stock anyway if I need to touch up with black paint I will do so i just want a really good AEG m4 that will work for woodland play. My site allows 350 FPS for automatic AEGs, My Price Range is between £300-400 but that needs to include battery and charger. I have funds set aside for kit eg Eyewear ,tactical vest and boots. Any input on this would be perfect thanks. And again sorry for all the questions :S
                    Last edited by RedemptiionZ; 1 August, 2011, 16:32.

Comment

Originally posted by RedemptiionZ View Post
                      ....would I be limited to only G&P externals?
                      No anything marui compatable I think.

Comment

I've got a G&P M4A1 Carbine, probably the very same one. I've found mine to be very solid, although I would check the barrel and hop if I were you. It looked like my barrel was in upside down meaning the hop wasn't working.

Overall it seems to be very good quality and feels very solid. I got the RIS front end and a crane stock too. Rear wiring it was an absolute *bleep* but it was worth it. Because of the limited space, the two cables run down each side of the gear box and through an expanded hole in the rear of the receiver. Getting the stock tube back on with the size of the fuse was a little fiddly, put possible. It's not limited to just G&P either. G&P parts are a little pricier from what I can tell, but the quality seems worth it, at least to me.

Don't two tone it though. As it was said earlier you'll soon be kicking yourself. Stick it out on rentals until you can get a RIF, and then go nuts. The extra time will give you a chance to save up some more money to splash out on the gun when you do get it.

Here's mine, about £700s worth, give or take:

**Edit** = The gun just by itself was around £230. Crane stock was around £70 and the complete RIS front end was about £120, so not massively over budget, and probably within if you give yourself a bit more time.

Comment

Cheers mate that is very helpful. Sweet setup you have on yours pretty much spot on for how i want mine take away the m203 launcher that is lol you have all given me lots of info and i guess i do truly have to think about buying before my defence

Comment

No problem. It is very tempting to try and skip ahead and get a two tone, I was there myself a few months back but trust me, it makes it so much sweeter if you wait.

Think of it like opening half your Christmas presents before the day. Makes it a bit of an anti-climax.

Comment

Haha it is very tempting its about a week untill i have the money in my hand anyway soo it give me time to think lol, out of curiosity what make is your crane stock it looks very similar to the ics one the sell on Z1

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

RedemptiionZ Find out more about RedemptiionZ
                              Working...
                              X