advise on snipers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• advise on snipers.

this is a question which has been asked sooooo many times. but really im just looking for a little can shooter in my back yard before upgradeing to something better when i have more skill. i really wondered what sort of gun is best for this plan. JG bar 10 or TM vsr these are a couple i like the look of but any ideas? im looking for a gun upto 160 ish?

Re: advise on snipers.

160 fps! Never heard of a gun firing that low
    Originally posted by Tiercel
    The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk View Post
      160 fps! Never heard of a gun firing that low
      £160...?
      Others till I die

Comment

You're not really in the right ballpark if 160fps is what you're looking for. Most sites limit FPS at 350fps and so people tend to be close to that line. For snipers some sites allow up to 450/500fps.

If you want something relatively cheap that can be upgraded then a JG Bar10 is a very good place to start. It takes a lot of different aftermarket parts and is generally considered to be of good enough quality to be capable of some serious sniping, after some work.

Are you a regular attendee at an Airsoft site? And are you over 18?

If the answer is Yes/Yes then go ahead and buy a nice rifle. If the answer is No/Yes then go ahead and buy a nice rifle that has been two-toned in order to comply with the VCRAct. If the answer is No/No then I'm afraid you're stuck until you're 18.

Edit: yeah you're looking at up to £160 aren't you lol.

Comment

JG Bar 10 is the best place to start. Or a Warrior/Mauser L96.

Comment

You can't snipe effectivley with only £160 to spend on a gun.

Comment

Originally posted by oliver dowinton View Post
              You can't snipe effectivley with only £160 to spend on a gun.
              I beg to differ. I am running a gas sniper bought on here for £150. I've done lots of tweaking and modifying to it but not spent any more money on it. It's a damn accurate rifle too!

If you don't spend money, you will need to be diligent with your modifications to get it running tip-top but it is definitely doable.

Second hand purchases are a very good place to start if you're legally allowed to buy them.

Comment

Buy the TM VSR10 :D

The Warrior/Well L96 and Jing-Gong Bar-10 Clone rifles are a false economy and will break sooner than a learner driver at a staggered junction.

The TM VSR10 will shoot cleanly accurately and reliably for as long as you own the rifle. And if you decided to get into sniping on game days then the TM is the perfect base gun. No one with serious intentions starts a custom build with a clone rifle. Some of the best custom spring rifles you will ever come across in the field use the TM VSR10 as the base gun. That should tell you all you need to know about what rifle to buy.

Comment

Originally posted by ThatblokewiththeScar. View Post
                  The Warrior/Well L96 and Jing-Gong Bar-10 Clone rifles are a false economy and will break sooner than a learner driver at a staggered junction.
                  You sound like you've been watching Clarkson's car reviews too much

Comment

i did mean £160 pahahahaha 160 fps i could through a bb that fast....

Comment

i dont like the look of an L96 silly as it seams it just dosnt appeal to me :p JG bar 10 or TM vsr 10 ?

Comment

The TM will be a better rifle. But if you plan on upgrading it there isn't much point in getting the TM as there won't be much left of it

Comment

Originally posted by hunter101 View Post
                          The TM will be a better rifle. But if you plan on upgrading it there isn't much point in getting the TM as there won't be much left of it
                          Wise words. :D

However even if I knew I would be replacing 70% of the parts I would still use the TM simply because whats left will be better than the JG.

Plus even used TM VSR parts have some value so you can sell them on whereas the second hand JG parts are worthless.

To the OP. Unless you stumble across a BAR10 in perfect condition for a ridiculously low price then buy the TM. You can plink with it all day and if you take it into the field even in standard form it will keep up with most guns you will come up against.

Comment

tm hop unit is supposedly better than the JG probably something to take in to consideration too @ whoever said something about not being able to "snipe" at £160 largely untrue comment, sure having extra range and accuracy will help but its not a neccesity

Comment

Got my first headshot with my warrior L96 using .43's. Very effective as he fell over. My suggestion would be run this one a year to see if you like lying around in water mud, snow, and nettles. There will be no point upgrading if you are a seasonal sniper.
                              It seems like such a terrible shame that innocent civilians have to get hurt in wars, otherwise combat would be such a wonderfully healthy way to rid the human race of unneeded trash.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

simonob Find out more about simonob
                              Working...
                              X