Advice on DHL and a silly mistake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on DHL and a silly mistake

So I went into a trade, on Friday I sent out the gun I was sending, a GBBR M4. Through DHL.

I've sent GBB pistols before without issue. However it seems that the GBBR was being flown and as such went through an Xray machine and they did the usual of flagging it up and what ever goes on when these happen, I'm not sure of the exact process.

DHL called and I co-operated as much as I could with the DHL guys, and the guy I was talking to told me not to worry too much as I'm not in loads of trouble, it'll just be a warp on the knuckles. He told me things like this happen all the time as people try to send knives and all manner of things.

Now I've been contacted and told that the Civil Aviation Authority will call me on the matter at some point.

Can anyone give me any info on what I might expect ? Will I get a visit from the local police the British Transport police ? Will I get a fine, or will I get hauled up on criminal charges ? Will I have my guns confiscated and examined from my home ?

What I'm really worried about is getting some kind of criminal record or a mark against my name for it, as at some point in the future myself and the wife and kids were planning on emigrating.

And of course I'm worried about more serious things, like say, going to prison.

If anyone can give any advice I'd be very greatful, as I'm really worried about this and what I might have coming. I'm aware I might be over reacting but I just dont know what will happen now.

And before anyone lays into me about not reading T & C's and all that, yes I know its a stupid thing to happen, but I've never had this problem before and I've sent quite a few things with DHL. I believe the difference here is because it was being transported by plane, which if I would have known I would have asked for it to be sent via land.
    It will take less bullets to kill him now than if we wait for him to turn into a zombie.

The elderly. They seem nice enough, but can they really be trusted ?

Re: Advice on DHL and a silly mistake

within UK? or did you send it to Europe?
    sigpic

Comment

Was this gun being sent out of the UK? In my experience with Parcel Force, Royal Mail, Fedex etc most of my mail is sent via a van/lorry when it comes from within the UK.

Comment

This happened to me a couple months ago with DHL.
        My local cop shop called me up to ask what my story was, and I calmly explained that it was an airsoft rifle, for skirmishing with non lethal ammo on insured sites like paintball etc.

He had heard of it, and knows people who play it. Explained that it couldnt be flown and thus it was getting returned. I wasnt in any trouble atall, nobody was going to visit, nothing happened.

It will be fine

Comment

It's not a criminal offence, unless you was selling to a minor or somebody without defence?

Past that, worst case is you broke the T&C of the airline - and there is bugger all they can do about that!

Comment

No the guy is all good. Speaking to the depot manager of DHL he made it sound like the whole airport ground to a halt because of it and my honesty on the matter would look good on me.

Thanks for all the replies guys, they are really helping me to settle down.
            It will take less bullets to kill him now than if we wait for him to turn into a zombie.

Comment

No the guy I'm selling to is all good. Speaking to the depot manager of DHL he made it sound like the whole airport ground to a halt because of it and my honesty on the matter would look good on me.

It was a UK trade, nothing was going out the country.

Thanks for all the replies guys, they are really helping me to settle down.

Comment

This is why I write "DO NOT FLY" on such packages...

Comment

I finally got the gun back this weekend, thanks for all the replies above guys.

There was no fuss, no nothing, I didn't even get a call asking to explain it. It got stopped at East Midlands airport and sent back and no one seemed to care.

Thanks again guys.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Four Leaf Find out more about Four Leaf
                  Working...
                  X