Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Eye protection?

Originally posted by johnthunder View Post
    I personally use Guarder Shooting Glasses on Woodland, and a Mesh Mask in CQB.
    Originally posted by johnthunder View Post
    I certainly wouldnt use anything without any safety marks upon it.
    Could you do me a favour and look for the safety marks on your Guarders and mesh mask?

I wont ever recommend Guarders to anyone after what happened to me while I was wearing them in a game.
    I got shot in the face and 1-2 of the bbs hit the lens knocking it out of the frame. Talk about an oh shit moment.
    I've also had a bb enter the side of the lens and hit me about 1cm from my eye when I've been shot from the side.
    When I do wear glasses now I wear bolle ones as I'e found them to be closer fitting than my Guarders ever were, they cost under £10 per pair and there are so many lens and frame choices you can have the same lens options as Guarders for the same price or less.
    Most of the time I wear ESS goggles now as they can withstand quite alot
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS8Fd...e=channel_page
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk8ws...e=channel_page

Originally posted by shadowcaptain View Post
    I recommend the TM PRO goggles
    +1 for that also.
    Once I start playing more CQB again I'll be getting one of those.

Comment

I also will never buy another pair of guarders, specifically not the 2006 type after pulling them out of their pouch this weekender to find that the frame had perished and snapped after taking a minor knock.
      I believe the weakening however to also be caused by the way that the lenses snap in an out of the frame. Poor design choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Evansy View Post
        Could you do me a favour and look for the safety marks on your Guarders and mesh mask?

I wont ever recommend Guarders to anyone after what happened to me while I was wearing them in a game.
        I got shot in the face and 1-2 of the bbs hit the lens knocking it out of the frame. Talk about an oh shit moment.
        I've also had a bb enter the side of the lens and hit me about 1cm from my eye when I've been shot from the side.
        When I do wear glasses now I wear bolle ones as I'e found them to be closer fitting than my Guarders ever were, they cost under £10 per pair and there are so many lens and frame choices you can have the same lens options as Guarders for the same price or less.
        Most of the time I wear ESS goggles now as they can withstand quite alot
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GS8Fd...e=channel_page
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fk8ws...e=channel_page

+1 for that also.
        Once I start playing more CQB again I'll be getting one of those.
        My Guarders had BSI stickers on the lenses when I got them and the mask had a tag on it.

Comment

Personally I use an S6 gas mask with the lens replaced with mesh. Never had better face protection and with my helmet I kinda look a bit like Darth Vader which freaks people out in CQB!! I tried glasses, but I couldn't get a pair that fitted snuggly to my face and didnt feel safe wearing them. I think it depends on the shape of your head really!!

There does need to be more clarification on the safety standards though, all it takes is one serious accident due to inappropriate protection and the sport is in trouble. Maybe it would be an idea for sites to make people aware of whats on their face??
          Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 1 September, 2009, 15:43.
          Custom TM G3/MP5SD lovechild!!
          Galaxy MP7
          Warrior L96
          M4 machine pistol (Soon to be complete!!)

Comment

I wear Oakley Flak Jacket glasses. I reason if there are testimonials of Oakley specs resisting IED blasts, airsoft should be no problem...

That and they're sexy as hell.
            Goes by the callsign "Iceman" to avoid confusion with the entire Delta team...

Originally posted by Grounded_Pilot
            ...changed my mind.

Putting a BB in a silencer then using it as a blowpipe. that's the best.
            a whole 85fps!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

reflexsnipe Find out more about reflexsnipe
            Working...
            X