Battery/Charger Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery/Charger Problems

Ive just got a new gun, and ive charged up the battery for it until the charger read "charged". After, i took it off charge and put it in the gun, but the charge ran out very quickly, under 10 minuites.

The battery is a 8 cell Ni-MH battery, and it says it is 1200 mAh. the charger says that it charges 8 cell batteries, but it has a dial that goes from 300 ma to 600 ma.

Is there a problem with the battery or do i need a new charger?

Thanks, Dave.

Re: Battery/Charger Problems

It sounds like you have a fast charger mate...

Which means you may be a little bit better off with a trickle or slow charger.
    Until you can work your fast charger
    Signature Removed

Comment

Yeah, the first few charges should always be slowly charged, my charger goes from 60mA to 600mA, aka, trickle to fairly fast. Get a slower charger for now, or get a friend with a slower charger to charge it for you :/
      Hope this helps.
      -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
      -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Well how do i work a fast charger then? i put it on charge and it finishes in 15 mins then i take it off and it runs out in 10... How do i get it to work?

Comment

ive been told by a few people (marshalls, shop owners and other players) that the first few charges should be done slowly, not with a fast charger. off the top of my head i cant tell you why as i really dont remember. but did you not get a charger with the gun?

Comment

on 600Ma a 1200mAh battery should be charging in about 3hours, (66% efficiency)
            and on 300Ma with the same efficiency it would take 6hours.

Comment

No i have a seprate one. Ive set the charger for the lowest setting i can, so hopefully it will work better. Thanks for the info.

Comment

hope it helps mate, not an expert on it. batteries are a funny thing my friend.

Comment

I think the normal battery charged last night, but the deans battery now refuses to charge. I have the adaptor and all the stuff i think i need and its all connected together, but the charger reads "discharge" before turning off and going to sleep. These batteries are getting on my nerves! Any ideas anyone?

Comment

is the battery one that came with a Chinese AEG some of them are TERRIBLE the one that came with my ACM MP40 was like this, charged like any other battery but would be lucky to get one 50 round mag off!

If this is the case get yourself a decent quality battery and should be fine, if not then try and get a mate to charge the battery for you and rule out your charger being duff!
                    Originally posted by Fenriz
                    I deliberately and maliciously gun for anyone running a boxmag in any weapon that's not a proper support weapon. It's sick and wrong, and people that do it should be put on a register...

Comment

I think its the nadaptor as the battery always worked fine for the previous owner. Ive tried everything, but the charger works and the battery did work with what energy it had left in the gun.

Thanks for the help though.

Comment

I got it working, no worries now.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Daveparsons912 Musician, married father of three Find out more about Daveparsons912
                        Working...
                        X