Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ICS L86A2 optic advice

I have recently got an ICS L86A2.

i want to upgrade formthe standard iron sights to something more fancey.

i have been looking at getting the tactical 20mm scope rail from a certain canine. but im at a loss wether i should buy that and get say an acog or red dot (not a big fan of the aimpoints tho). or wether to stick with the good old fashioned SUSAT.

can anyone give me thier personal experience with using these on an L86.

thanks for your time

Go with either the SUSAT or an ACOG but if you go with the ACOG put it on a Hornbill mount.
    It looks soooo much better than on the normal conversion rail.

Comment

Re: ICS L86A2 optic advice

hey tinsane, would that be the raiser mount?

Comment

One of those mate.

Comment

cheers, i maybe going ACOG then, found some pics nad it does look the mutts nutts

Comment

yep, ive got an ACOG with the Hornbill riser - recommended

Comment

Or fit the 20mm rail conversion and fit a Specter sight, that's the current set up for in service DMR sharpshooter LSWs
              G&P L119A1 classic look ASCU / G&P L119A1 modern look / WE CO2 1911 / DBoys Kar98 / S&S Lee Enfield SMLE

Comment

not to thread hijack atall but is there another RIS raiser you can use? the hornbill seems to high for my own preference and looks a bit iffy aswell i think. I know ics do one but does that work atall?

to the OP, im planning on a standard TA31 acog with doc sight. Was running around my last skirmish with my Huge VSR 6-24x50 scope. Very impractical but looks pretty funny
                They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far
                -Tony Stark
                sigpic

Comment

its cool DMC, i know what you mean about the riser. what is this ICS riser you mention, ive not heard of them ?

i am though heading towards the ACOG path. what would people recomend as i dont want to be spending a small fortune but i want something that wont fail after half a dozen skirmishes.

Comment

if you search ics l85 mount or something along those lines on zero one, you should find it, however theres no images/information. Acog wise, iv been told the trigicon (did i spell that right) ta31 with doc sight is the best to go for. can get them off the bay for around £90 and that comes with a KILLFLASH. Other than that, i dont see the point in spending huge amounts on optics for aegs, as usually you can see the bbs and adjust accordingly.

i mainly plan on getting the acog for looks and not much more really (hence why i dont like the hornbill raiser) failing the acog, im going to stick with the iron sights as i really do not like susats.
                    Also, i forgot to mention im running an AA r85 rather than the ics version
                    They say that the best weapon is the one you never have to fire. I respectfully disagree. I prefer the weapon you only have to fire once. That's how Dad did it, that's how America does it, and it's worked out pretty well so far
                    -Tony Stark
                    sigpic

Comment

okay ill have a look thanks.

its a J not a G but google corrected me

Comment

Originally posted by DMC airsoft View Post
                        not to thread hijack atall but is there another RIS raiser you can use? the hornbill seems to high for my own preference and looks a bit iffy aswell i think. I know ics do one but does that work atall?
                        Both the ICS riser and the Hornbill riser raise the ACOG to the same level.

The Hornbill one is solid too if thats what your worried about.
                        I believe the ICS one just slides over the old 11mm rail and gives you a 20mm rail.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

military duck Find out more about military duck
                        Working...
                        X