330fps Sniper Setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 330fps Sniper Setup

Hi, I bought a TM clone vsr to see if I want to be a sniper, My problem is I live in Northern Ireland and all guns are limited to 330fps with .2g bbs.
    I wanted to know what I should get to get the best performance from the gun.
    I know I need steel sears so it will be more durable. I also know I will need a tight bore barrel but don't know what else I need.
    thanks for any help :D
    Ask a question and look stupid, don't ask a question and stay stupid

Re: 330fps Sniper Setup

You don't really need new sears unless you're going over 450 FPS, which you can't. But a TB might help with the accuracy grouping, maybe a couple barrel spacers to prevent wobble will help accuracy as well.

Not sure what the hop is like on the clones, but on the actual TM version it's pretty damn amazing as it comes 280 FPS out the box and has impressive range, all thanks to its hop-up!
    sigpic

Comment

At that sort of FPS you could find a decent advantage.

330 fps puts you well under the AEG top marker, this means that you have no minimum engagement distance, further meaning that you need not spend more money on a back up weapon and therefore you can spend more upgrading your sniper rifle.

Really what you want to be looking at is Hop-up upgrades. I hear Firefly buckings are very good. you may want to look at getting an entire new hopup as the clone one may not be up to scratch.

At this FPS, on .2s, you have the advantage of being able to use a TK twist barrel. This should give you a significant range and accuracy increase.

other than that, i would advise an up to .25s for accuracy and range.

The plus side of having a low fps sniper rifle, is that it will be a lot quieter than most high fps sniper rifles. Assuming it's a spring sniper rifle, you will find it very easy to cock and shoot, giving you much more confidence to take out larger groups of people than you would if you were struggling to cock it every time you shoot.

Not much more i can do.
      Signature Removed

Comment

Try a PDI barrel with a diamater of 6.05 or less. From what i've seen PDI barrels are very good. They increase your accuracy and I recon with a good hop, you could have some pretty epic range on a 330fps sniper.

I used to have a TM l96 doing 330, however outdoors the wind blows it off course quite a lot.
        Kiran Payne
        TM P226 Custom, TM SAI G34, WE SRU G17, WE SAI M&P 9mm, WE SRU Apache XDM IPSC, KWA Kriss Vector Hard Recoil, TM HK416 Recoil
        Looking for another TM G17 and a TM M870

sigpic

Comment

I would argue that point over the PDI barrel, at 330 FPS, you're much better off going for a TK twist barrel for accuracy and range
          sigpic

Comment

Thanks for all the help it was greatly appreciated, I think I will get a TK twist barrel, barrel spacers and a new hop unit.
            Ask a question and look stupid, don't ask a question and stay stupid

Comment

firefly soft bucking, tk twist barrel is all you need
              Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

Or even the standard TM pistol bucking would do, that's a very good stock hop rubber, it comes as standard with a VSR hop
                sigpic

Comment

I've gone down the TK Twist route once before. With a nineball hop rubber, stock barrel spacer and SP100 spring i was getting 312 FPS average over 5 shots. I was hitting a 14"x14" target at 200 feet 3 out of 5. With very little wind.

However..... i did get random fliers. And what made it worse is that when using .3's they would hit the end of the barrel sometimes. This never happened with .2's or .25's. And i checked with another barrel and it was fine. The only logical explanation i can come up with is that the energy using a .30g bb wasn't working with the Twist barrel at all.

So this time i've gone down a different route. I've got a PDI 6.05 303mm and 4 barrel spacers. I've stuck with the nineball hop rubber as the firefly was out of stock where i ordered my parts from. But i know the nineball works perfectly fine anyways so i'm not that bothered.

I've also got a Mag M100 and M110 spring. The only reason for getting an M110 is the fact i have cylinder damper pads on the piston and the cylinder. So i'll be losing abit of volume in the cylinder. I'm expecting the M110 to make up for this lost volume.

What not to do is cut off the air break on the piston. It will make the rifle louder and only gives you a few fps gain. Totally not worth it.

Your sears should last a wee while at sub M120/M130 springs. However they won't be "guaranteed" to last a long time.

Comment

Personaly given that level of FPS, I'd say your wasting your time with a purpose built sniper rifle. You'd be better of with a squad level designated marksman rifle such as an m14 varient, an SR25, or na SPR

Comment

Originally posted by ToaDi View Post
                      Personaly given that level of FPS, I'd say your wasting your time with a purpose built sniper rifle. You'd be better of with a squad level designated marksman rifle such as an m14 varient, an SR25, or na SPR
                      Not necessarily, just because it's low powered doesn't mean it can't be super accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by Intervention View Post
                        Not necessarily, just because it's low powered doesn't mean it can't be super accurate.
                        but you can get the same level of accuracy out of other set ups like the above mentioned, and with the capability of full auto aswell!
                        Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

Originally posted by balaclava ben View Post
                          but you can get the same level of accuracy out of other set ups like the above mentioned, and with the capability of full auto aswell!
                          Ahh I can't comment on that as i've never shot a AEG DMR - although, by nature, the bolt action system is surely more accurate then a gearbox mech? This is a different subject all together now hah.

Comment

Originally posted by Intervention View Post
                            Ahh I can't comment on that as i've never shot a AEG DMR - although, by nature, the bolt action system is surely more accurate then a gearbox mech? This is a different subject all together now hah.
                            At that sort of FPS there isn't much difference in range an accuracy in a DMR or bolt action, and from personal expierience, I can get a great deal out of a DMR with a couple of very simple upgrades. Having said that, the range and accuracy of a TM M14 out of the box is pretty awesome

Comment

Hello, from experience a 330fps sniper rifle in Airsoft would be hard to enjoy.

Today i used a 330fps P90, madbull tightbore, couple of mods in the gearbox and TM hop rubber and was firing perfectly straight on a 0.2 to well over 60 metres with little hop on it and made me feel like sniper rifles were a waste of money and ive been sniping for over a year with a range of guns.

Out ranging prety much everyone, quiet and easy to run arround with.

Not saying don't be a sniper but just advise against it with such a low fps.

I don't think i will be picking up a sniper rifle soon... but saying that i keep swapping my guns every 3 weeks for something new :/

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

apsasr101 I started backyard plinking over 4 years ago got an aeg and the rest was history :) Find out more about apsasr101
                              Working...
                              X