This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recent issue.

Hello. I have recently bought a gun off someone (will not mention the name yet as he seemed very genuine at the time of sale so it may just be a problem that i do not understand). I am very new to airsoft and took a lot of what he said for granted as he "appeared" to be very genuine. I recently got my gun and took it to my site. I was told it has an fps of 350, although when i chronoed it was maxing out at 230.

What should i do as a next step. i have e-mailed him and he has not responded. this has somewhat put me off airsoft for a bit as i was really enjoying the game until this happened. and i dont want this to put me off forever. i hope someone will be able to help as i am not to sure of the next step. of course if i paid a fair old wack for something i wanted it to do what it says on the tin.

He has four positive feedbacks from other people and they are all very positive. which does seem odd as he does seem like a very genuine person. but the place i got this serviced have said that it chronos much lower than advertised.

Thanks if anyone can help

Rich

Re: recent issue.

Did he say that he chrono'd it at 350fps? Or did he just say it was 350 fps? Usually the fps on guns are a lot different to the fps stated on the box unless he got an accurate number having it chrono'd.
    G&G all the way, no other say!

Comment

do they differ by that much normally? the exact quote on the forum thread was

Upgrades:
      M100 Spring (Shoots 350 fps +/- 5fps)

and 230 is def a bit more than that difference? i would assume this isnt so much a scam but you never know.

Comment

Looks to me like the chap didn't chrono it after the new spring. If he did he'd have given you a propper fps value. If you payed via paypal launch a dispute.

Comment

Originally posted by wideout View Post
          do they differ by that much normally? the exact quote on the forum thread was

Upgrades:
          M100 Spring (Shoots 350 fps +/- 5fps)
          That reads like an estimation based on the expectant performance of the spring.

Comment

yeah i think the fps can drop aswell dependent on the airseal of the gun in question if the air is escaping from anywhere but the air nozzle it wouldn't matter if he put an m1000 in it would still be lower than the springs rating

flame me if im wrong :D

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

wideout Find out more about wideout
            Working...
            X