Thoughts on P90?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thoughts on P90?

Cool. Do you have to wind the mid-cap mags to feed bb's through like you do on hi-caps?
    Wanted:
    A decent chronograph

Comment

nope just load like you would the low caps. its basicly the low caps but with the bullets taken out to make more room for more bbs

Comment

Excellent sounds like the best of both worlds. Gotta get me some
        Wanted:
        A decent chronograph

Comment

aye as soon as i saw these i was like WOW me got to have.

Comment

Where did you get your metal frame from by the way. Can't seem to find one less than £80!
            Wanted:
            A decent chronograph

Comment

Originally posted by Grantos View Post
              Where did you get your metal frame from by the way. Can't seem to find one less than £80!

i got mine imported from us cant rember the site ill have a look around agian and let you know if i find it.

Comment

it wont let me edit my post so ill post here.

http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/erol/erol.html
                Product Code: GP024
                im guessing thats probs the most reliable then shipping and what not probs cheaper on the whole.

ill be getting that one i have a metal tri rail that goes on the p90 RD and then i made a cock up and late night braught the P90TR metal frame which yeah is good is not the RD one so its for sale any one wants it.

Comment

Just keeping people up to date with my P90 experience...

So far I've upgraded it with a madbull 6.03mm tightbore barrel, a G&P metal frame and stainless metal bushings from tornado.

The tightbore instantly made it more accurate as you could tell by the much closer groupings with target practice. It also went up from 290 to 295 FPS after this simple upgrade - all it took was a quick pull old barrel out, line up the rubber seal and hop-up the right way round, slot it in and done. Easy!

The metal frame was worth the money methinks because of the more realistic weight and durability. The flash hider/silencer adaptor did need glueing in though to stop it falling out. And the area where the hop-up fits into didn't have a slot to stop it moving around in before sliding the frame onto the main body. Once on the main body however the hop-up barrel assembly is nice and snug so it's not a problem. Oh and the spring button assembly (for taking the frame off and on) needed filing down before it could fit into the metal frame ok. The sort of things you'd expect from doing a bit of upgrading I think.

The metal bushings didn't make any noticable difference to performance but it's just reassuring to have metal ones in rather than plastic for durability. The gear box is quite simple to take apart with practice - just watch out for the spring that might fly out! Definately worth having the TM gear box pictures in front of you before reassembling to make sure it's all in alright. I put just one washer on the wrong cog and it blew the fuse (don't know how some guys out there do without the fuse as it could have wrecked the whole gearbox!) last night.

Whilst I'm on the subject, Halfords was the best place to get fuses from (glass 15amp fuses) surprisingly as no one else in town sold them!

I've also bought a long-type silencer. It does quieten the shot sound down a bit which is a surprise considering the amount of silencers I've seen that don't do a thing, but of course with the gear box next to your ear you may think it still sounds loud - it may not to others. Also thought it'd be useful for firing from the hip as the extra length given by the barrel will make it easier to quickly judge firing angle - will have to test this one!

Also got a cheap box mag from Hong Kong. Only $29 compared with the $100 laylax one! It doesn't come with a wire and bag so you can house a large battery in front of the box but you can easily buy a bag and wire it yourself and save a fortune!

It really is the best CQB gun I've come across, and I've tried plenty now. So quick around corners, is nice and short and has no sticky-out bits to get caught on things, you can get closer to the ground for the same reason, easy to swap to left-handed for going round corners (with practice!), the lo-cap mags hold plenty of rounds etc etc

Despite what others say I still like the red-dot sight simply because it does its job well.

The low-cap (60rd) mags work brilliantly as others have said and so does the box-mag which is great for the outdoors as a kind of suppressing weapon.

All I want now is some of those new silverback 150rd mags (just like the lo-caps so no wind-up is needed and they don't jam!) and some bloomin' pouches to put some mags in...

I really am a happy man with this gun. My mates are fed up of me talking about it ha ha!

Right enough for now...
                  Wanted:
                  A decent chronograph

Comment

Their ok in my opinion, but i find they are far too short to use! Its like using an MP5 with the stock folded!

Comment

yeah im looking to get my p90 upgraded know the best place to go to get it done

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Grantos Find out more about Grantos
                      Working...
                      X