Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charging NiMH Batteries

Hi all

I charged a couple of NiMH batteries for an airsoft game today. However due to unforeseen circumstances I was not able to go today. I will be going to another game in a couple of weeks.

My question is, do I need to 'drain' the batteries I charged or will I be ok just leaving my batteries charged until the next game in two weeks.

I heard NiMH batteries drain themselves by 5% per day. Is this true? Does this damage the battery? Should I recharge my batteries still before next game? Or should I totally drain my batteries now?

Thanks
    For Sale (price dropped):Chrome WE 1911 + extras
    Check out my other sales!

Re: Charging NiMH Batteries

I never discharge NiMH batteries, no need to. It's only NiCD batteries that you need to worry about
    Signature Removed

Comment

Originally posted by NitroJoe View Post
      I never discharge NiMH batteries, no need to. It's only NiCD batteries that you need to worry about
      Ok thanks for the advice
      For Sale (price dropped):Chrome WE 1911 + extras
      Check out my other sales!

Comment

Apparently it is a good idea to cycle the batteries if they have been sat unused for long periods of time, That being said I still don't bother discharging them.

Comment

I never discharge mine and when I next go I just charge them up again until the light on my charger turns green, never had any issues with any batteries as yet thankfully
          sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Kensai Find out more about Kensai
          Working...
          X