• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maruzen P99 vs TM MK23 socom

Hello people,

I've currently been toying with the idea of buying a NBB pistol,

So I have a few questions?

Will the mags of both pistols both hold propane?

Which has the better build quality?

Which has the better performance? (Gas consumption, range, accuracy)

And are there upgrades avaible for either of the pistols?

Thanks.

Re: Maruzen P99 vs TM MK23 socom

Also what holsters would fit either with the silencers.

Comment

TM MK23 mags have a valve in them that vents gas if too much pressure although ive ran propane in mine a few times and not had problems.
      Gun itself is awesome, can hit a target at 50M and it chono's about 312fps on abbey ultra

Originally posted by Metalbody
      pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

Cheers mate, so would you say tm mk23 over maruzen p99?

Comment

I have both. Both guns have mags that need looking after to remain trouble free. (basically, keep them gassed and if you do use propane, add silicone from time to time). The MK23 is my choice. It is quieter and more accurate than the P99. Setting the hop is a pain but once done, forget about it. Range, as stated above is very very good in the right hands.
          The P99 is smaller, almost as quiet and almost as accurate and does have a less toylike feel to it. The hop design is flawed though (take one apart to see why). In theory, the little screw in the top of the ejection port should make adjustments easy. but be warned, it is a split cylinder design that simply opens up if you over do it a little.

For me, my ancient, plastic TM MK23 is simply brilliant. Used it as my main weapon on Saturday!

Comment

TM mk23 mags are cheaper too, so its currently getting my vote.

Comment

if you get the mk23 get the clone mags. They run green without any problems
              TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

Originally posted by Tin View Post
                I have both. Both guns have mags that need looking after to remain trouble free. (basically, keep them gassed and if you do use propane, add silicone from time to time). The MK23 is my choice. It is quieter and more accurate than the P99. Setting the hop is a pain but once done, forget about it. Range, as stated above is very very good in the right hands.
                The P99 is smaller, almost as quiet and almost as accurate and does have a less toylike feel to it. The hop design is flawed though (take one apart to see why). In theory, the little screw in the top of the ejection port should make adjustments easy. but be warned, it is a split cylinder design that simply opens up if you over do it a little.

For me, my ancient, plastic TM MK23 is simply brilliant. Used it as my main weapon on Saturday!
                You mean the fixed slide P99 right?? Cause the GBB version sucks!!

Wolf

Asahi WA2000
                WTB Piper Minigun

Comment

MK23 without a doubt - I have two, one with a VSR G-spec barrel in it and the other the stock barrel; I use them as my primaries (I have 6 mags or so) and they are simply outstanding.

The extra range you get with the Gspec barrel and upped fps was fantastic (on our site if its over 350 fps you need minimal engagement range of 25m) when I was playing the other day - actually managed to hit a few of the opposing team's snipers with it at sniper range.

The barrel itself doesn't quite hit the tip of the silencer so it still retains SOME suppression, but at a 25m range, your target isn't going to know where it came from anyway lol

Comment

Originally posted by F0xHound View Post
                    MK23 without a doubt - I have two, one with a VSR G-spec barrel in it and the other the stock barrel; I use them as my primaries (I have 6 mags or so) and they are simply outstanding.

The extra range you get with the Gspec barrel and upped fps was fantastic (on our site if its over 350 fps you need minimal engagement range of 25m) when I was playing the other day - actually managed to hit a few of the opposing team's snipers with it at sniper range.

The barrel itself doesn't quite hit the tip of the silencer so it still retains SOME suppression, but at a 25m range, your target isn't going to know where it came from anyway lol
                    +1
                    I use mymk23 with g spec tb as sniper weapon in cab game.
                    sigpic

Comment

odd question and sorry to slightly hijack. But guys what colour is the standard tm mk23 inner barrel. I have a barrel left over from when I owned one and its silver coloured. Wondering whether its the original or maybe one of the tightbores available?
                      TM SCAR-L / LCT TACTICAL AK VARIANT / G&G UMP / MARUZEN P99 FIXED SLIDE / TM 18C AEP

Comment

Originally posted by caffin999 View Post
                        odd question and sorry to slightly hijack. But guys what colour is the standard tm mk23 inner barrel. I have a barrel left over from when I owned one and its silver coloured. Wondering whether its the original or maybe one of the tightbores available?
                        Stock inner barrel is silver in colour

Comment

Originally posted by F0xHound View Post
                          Stock inner barrel is silver in colour
                          cheers. That clears that up then

Comment

Mk23 it is,
                            How does the rate of fire as such compare to a normal gbb? I mean cycle time.

Comment

its a heavier trigger pull. But once you get used to it you can still pull the trigger pretty quick. Just don't expect it to be normal gbb quick

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

joe123 Airsoft & more airsoft. Find out more about joe123
                              Working...
                              X