Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M60 - A&K or Ares

Afternoon all,

Im after an m60 and have read loads of reviews of the A&k being really good but cant find many regarding the Ares one. I have been informed and read posts that generally say Ares have quite a poor record in making decent guns.

So far Im swayed towards the A&K as it is approx 60 quid cheaper, has numerous posts all singing praises and incorporates an adjustment dial for the rpm

If anyone has either of these M60's could you post me your honest opinion of it and any problems you have had whilst owning it

Many thanks
    James
    sigpic

Re: M60 - A&K or Ares

Get a vfc one if your budget allows

Comment

I got an area it is pure amazing , no mag problems now as it works of the guns battery.
      the a&k is really just to heavy for airsoft 12.5 kg were the ares is 5.5 .

the a&k has poor hop unit and the battery goes in the mag but the ares goes in its huge battery space in the stock ,it can fit a huge 10.8 v nimh large type with ease .I have used my 5000 mah 7.2 40-50c lipo battery in it and it has lasted 5 games and 35000 bbs.

My site techie had the a&k and after using mine he wishs he got an ares.

Comment

Problems the ares has a few but none. are serious.
        #1) cocking handle dosent work .
        #2) my quick change barrel button dosent work
        #3)my mag conector broke but with deans its amazing.
        #4)my seclocter broke due to a rental forcing it the wrong way but it was a really easy fix.
        #5)rof is slow compared to the a&k

a&k
        #1) very very heavy
        #2) some of them have bad hop units
        #3) the changeable rof is a massive gimic.
        #4)wiring is uterly crap
        #5) the gearbox is poorly shimed
        #6) the internals compared to the ares are rubish.
        #7) battery space is farly small.

Comment

i had an a&k m60e4, i wish i'd never sold it. great range and never missed a beat, it was an unwieldy beast though !

Comment

My brother in law has not long had the ares one and it was cracking to use, was just slightly dubious of the brand due to reviews and the fact its like 60-70 more expensive than the A&K.
            He has also broken his after changing the bucking and re assembling he manager to crack the reciever so it now needs some work to get it sturdy again.
            sigpic

Comment

The current A&K ones are awesome !

Comment

Yeah, the A&K ones are great. Heard that the motor in the box mag could be better, but that's easily changed.

Hops have been improved on the '60E4s, and I don't think it is 12.5kg, that's similar to the real thing. They're about 8.5kg.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

If you can save up abit long id suggest getting an inokatsu there the best M60 on the market.
                  Jamie Fox (Gloryboy21): Team Sneaky Badger Gimp and professional russian in trainning

Originally posted by palmer234
                  I don't need a laser to blind someone, I have a penis..

Comment

I'm a fan of Ares but not there M60 as its plastic, The A&K is cool ok it's heavy but look at the size of it thats part of the fun.

With a few mods to the hop (new rubber) the A&K can be a great gun.

Comment

My upper budget is around £400 so the inokatsu is out of the question. Think I'm swaying to the a&k, cheaper and loads of good stuff being said new nub and bucking are cheap parts to replace. Have used the ares one and it is cracking but like dave said quite plasticy and this also needed a new rubber.. Cheers for everyone's opinions and advice.
                      sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

SPIKEY Find out more about SPIKEY
                      Working...
                      X