Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1j & M100 spring upgrades

Basically are they worth it?

Is it more of a performance thing or a reliabilty thing?
    Wanted:
    A decent chronograph

Re: 1j & M100 spring upgrades

Performance. They increase the FPS of your guns.

Comment

Indeed, 1J gets you roughly 328fps, and and M100 gets you roughly 345fps. Depends on you quality of your airseal.

Also, more powerful springs will mean a slighly lower ROF due to more resistance.

Comment

Cheers guys,

thought it was simple enough :-)
        Wanted:
        A decent chronograph

Comment

Originally posted by The Keeper of Secrets View Post
          Indeed, 1J gets you roughly 328fps, and and M100 gets you roughly 345fps. Depends on you quality of your airseal.
          Is that all it depends on? Looks as though some of my guns are 275 +/-. How do I know a. what spring they already have and b. what spring to get to bring it up to 330-350fps?

Are spring changes just that? i.e. swap the spring?

Comment

for 330-350 you definatly want an M100. My ICS M4 has an M100 and is cronoing at about 345-350fps. A tightbore barrel also increases your FPS.
            Loken

Dorsetshire Muppet Brigade
            This is a new generation of muppet's. We r faster...stronger...and more tactical than before!

"Dont trust airsofters" - H

Comment

Are all springs standard size?

Comment

Basically, I want all my guns right up to the legal limit. I use only .25g BBs.

Comment

well i think aeg ones are, i havent come across any major difference in lengths,mabe a cm.
                  i put m95's in the guns that i dont want to use up close, the last gut i put one in, a tm hk51 pushed it from a stock fps of 280 odd to just shy of 355! i hope its cools off a little bit, every m95 ive ever fitted has been more on the side of 350 fps than 310, so i just stay with tham as i think an m100 would be too high for me to really use.

oddly enough as a side not ie did get one weird m95 spring that when i fitted it, to a jg g36, it bumped it from doing a hot 370 odd to an average of 410 !!! think that might have been my airseal a bit though!

EDIT ; but you still have to chrono with .2g at your sites though yeah?
                  back in the game after 12 months away!

Comment

You chrono with .2s at most sites, and I think only the PSG-1 and SR-25 have different springs. Can anyone confirm?

Comment

Originally posted by Panoptes View Post
                      Basically, I want all my guns right up to the legal limit. I use only .25g BBs.
                      ...and 6.03mm tightbores.

Is there a guide or chart anywhere because I don't want to spend weeks on end stripping and re-fitting springs etc.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Grantos Find out more about Grantos
                      Working...
                      X