Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gear Tension Release?

Think its called that ^^

Anyhow, when should i be pressing it? After every full auto fire or after every firefight? Just wondering as i dont want my fps being ruined by that :P

Cheers
    sigpic

Re: Gear Tension Release?

When your packing up to go home.

Comment

What the hell are you talking about??
      AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
      http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

Some AEG's have a button to let the gear set unwind you see

Comment

Yar the forward assist on most m4's does it, there are some other AEG's that have it too but cant remember what.

Basically releases the spring so its not pulled back under tension when you're done with it.

I think you can just fire one off in semi, does the same thing irrc.
          WANTED: Dynatec BFG.

Comment

Ah right cheers, didnt know what it was called xD
            If you click it too often does it mess up ur gun? :P

Cheers
            sigpic

Comment

i know the army armament l85 had it because in semi mode the spring was held back so as soon as you pulled the trigger it instantly released, hence even if you did fire off a shot the spring would go back to being compressed and there was a button in the magwell to release it back to the forward position, but honestly mate i wouldnt worry too much just once after a skirmish will do

Comment

Hehe okay :P
                After every skirmish i think ill do i pretty much only fire single shot anyway, full auto wastes your ammo out too quick with mid caps.
                sigpic

Comment

just do it when ever you finish using the gun, when packing away, at lunch, between games ect. there's no definite time to do it.

as for trying to do it from firing once on semi unless you have active breaking the motor may continue the cycle meaning that your putting the spring into its compressed position.

i wouldn't worry if you forget to do it anyway as for a spring to loose fps from being compressed it would need to be compressed for a hell of a long time (months).
                  For Sale!
                  TM M870 with a load of stuff
                  A&K massada sniper spec
                  Chronograph
                  leaving airsoft so everything must go

Comment

Haha :P
                    Yeah ill be fine then :P

Cheers alot.
                    sigpic

Comment

You don't need to release your gears until you have finished your day playing. Essentially, anytime you are not going to be using your aeg for a prolonged period, use the gear release.

ICS M4's and some of G&G's M4 range have this feature, as already mentioned it is used by pressing the 'forward assist'. ICS's new MP5 range also have this feature, it is activated by setting the safety to 'Safe' which is pretty nifty. G&G, and in turn Army L85s have a spring release button inside the magwell. I'm not aware of any other AEG's that have a gear release.

Regualr AEG's that do not have this feature can have their springs detensioned by firing a couple of times on semi auto as mentioned above. Although this doesn't work all the time unless you have a mosfet installed with active braking. Often an aeg will over run when fired on semi and put the spring back under tension.

Before I fitted mosfets to most of my aegs I used to pull the trigger very quickly on semi, so the wepon would sort of half cock, the next very quick trigger pull would release the shot. It's worth noting you shouldn't do this with a battery that is almost dead.

With an aeg that doesn't have semi auto such as an M249 but does have a quick release spring feature, it is worth removing the spring if you intend to store the aeg for more than a couple of days. Hope this helps answer your question.
                      AEG video reviews (see 'my topics'):
                      G&G L85A2, Carbine & AFV, MP5 Blowback, G2010/F2000, M4 (GR16 & GR15 Raider), FNC, UMG & more...

Comment

Hmm, weird question. But do i just leave it pushed in? Or do i push it in then pull it out again?
                        ATM i pull it back out again xD

Cheers
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gnome1 View Post
                          Hmm, weird question. But do i just leave it pushed in? Or do i push it in then pull it out again?
                          ATM i pull it back out again xD

Cheers
                          You don't need to pull it out again. When you push it in, it pushes against the anti reversal latch, allowing the gears to turn the 'wrong' way. You wouldn't want it to stick in, because then you would be running without a anti reversal latch which is not good. So, as long as it doesn't jam in, you don't have to pull it out.

Lol, I fear I may have just instilled enough paranoia into this post that you'll always pull it out now (rolls eyes, sorry if I have)
                          AEG video reviews (see 'my topics'):
                          G&G L85A2, Carbine & AFV, MP5 Blowback, G2010/F2000, M4 (GR16 & GR15 Raider), FNC, UMG & more...

Comment

Haha i pull it out anyway, so all you done there is made me sure im not harming my gun. So no worries xD

Night.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jagillham View Post
                              Some AEG's have a button to let the gear set unwind you see
                              Whhatt?? Really, How come TM aegs dont have this snazzy feature or the G&P M4s?
                              AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
                              http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

gnome1 Airsoft, Rugby and Computer. Entertaining life.... :P Find out more about gnome1
                              Working...
                              X