Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible MP5 Sight Options

Afternoon,

Currently have a CA B&T MP5A5 with a TK Twist Barrel in it. I've got myself a low profile mount been as I managed to pick one up cheap.

I'm really torn on what to slap on in terms of optics, I have tried a friends reflex sight and I wasn't to keen, however I am fully aware that optics in airsoft are not going to work to their full extent because you have to factor in wind etc.

Essentially what I'd like is something without a stupid amount of magnification just enough that I can use it to spot/ID targets as well as soon if rounds are falling short every now.

In the same respect I don't want something stupidly bulky that is going to throw my MP5 off cosmetically I like the idea of the aimpoints however something with a 1/2x magnification would be nice.

Any suggestions?

Cheers.
    I'm not a puppet, I'm a real boy!

Re: Possible MP5 Sight Options

Have you looked at an EOTech and magnifier combo?

It might be a little bigger than you wanted and it's 3x not 2x, but they work very well for lots of people.

You also have the option of getting a flip-to-side mount, meaning that you can use the zoom to identify targets or check where your rounds are dropping then quickly swap to a 1x zoom sight if you prefer it.

Comment

I personally use an aimpoint with a screw on 2x magnifier on my G3 and I like it, it does work well, but it does become a large sight with the magnifier on.

Problem with mp5s though is that most optics look really odd on them. I'd honestly just pop some glow in the dark paint on the #1 sight of the drum and be done with it.

Comment

I have had an eotech and a reflex sight on my mp5sd5, and I personally found that the best was the reflex. And on an mp5 I personally think it looked the best. Have a look in my album and you'll see. As for magnification, I'm guessing your playin woodland, maybe an aimpoint would be better if you can't make do without magnification
        “A prisoner of war is a man who tries to kill you and fails, and then asks you not to kill him.”

Comment

I use an aimpoint on my MP5 and it's a great combination. If you want magnification, you can grab a 2x magnifier for it

Comment

Don't know if this'll help you.

No magnified sight just red dots.

First just a normal reflex sight.

Second Aim point M2

Lastly 552

I really like the 552 to use as a sight and it bounces between most my guns, looks good on the MP5 to.

Comment

A c-more would look awesome on an mp5.

Comment

Think the reflex suits the mp5 best.
                sigpic

Comment

Essentially I have a few ideas on how I wanted my MP5 to end up.

Prime example would be:

I take it the sight on there is an Aimpoint with a Ring Mount? Or am I wrong

I like the aimpoint but I don't like it mounted on the 'lever'.

Comment

just put a "D" cell maglite on it
                    trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
                    http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

I think I'm going to go with the G&P Aimpoint Low Mount and then find myself a nice Aimpoint at a decent price to go with it.

Any suggestions?

Comment

lynchie

Sorry to hijack your thread, but what ris is on your esampe picture and what battery would go in there? If you know.

Exactly matches what I'd like to build from my mp5 as well =)

Comment

MP5, iron sights, that is all.
                          HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

Rather like one of the smaller Eotechs.

Seems to be one the popular ones with the UK police

Edit: Paper pyro?! ^^

Comment

My MP5 looked like this, briefly.

HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

lynchie Mentalist! Find out more about lynchie
                              Working...
                              X