G&P M4A1 Carbine battery space

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&P M4A1 Carbine battery space

Firstly, I'm sorry if there's already a thread on here about this - I had a good look but couldn't find anything.

My friend is looking into buying one of these, and obviously needs a battery for it. My question is, what is the largest battery (Preferably 9.6V) that will fit in the handguard? Would a 9.6V 2000mAh nunchuck-style battery fit in?
    If not, would a normal 9.6V mini fit?

Thanks in advance.

(Product ID on Z1: GP281)
    Others till I die

Re: G&P M4A1 Carbine battery space

Bump; need to know for the weekender
    Others till I die

Comment

I've managed to fit 8.4 mini and nunchuck in easily. A 9.6 mini might be a tight fit, but a nunchuck shouldn't be a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Apathy View Post
        I've managed to fit 8.4 mini and nunchuck in easily. A 9.6 mini might be a tight fit, but a nunchuck shouldn't be a problem.
        Brilliant, thanks. Yeah, I looked up a review that said that 9.6V minis are a very tight fit.
        If you could, would you mind telling me the dimensions of the 8.4V nunchuck you used? And if you don't have that, do you know the stats of it? (make, capacity)?

Cheers
        Others till I die

Comment

How's this?

I think it's a 1500mah, as if I look closely I can see 1500 on each cell, and they look exactly the same as a the cells in my 8.4 mini from ZeroOne.

Four cell stick = 120mm long, 20mm diameter
          Three cell stick = ~95mm long, 20mm diameter

Comment

a 9.6v crane mini will fit as i just fitted one this very second it only took a minute to fit

Comment

How's this?

Four cell stick = 120mm long, 20mm diameter
              Three cell stick = ~95mm long, 20mm diameter
              Isn't that a crane stock battery not a nunchuck?

[IMG]http://www.**************.co.uk/assets/images/250_8vp2200afp-cs-dims.jpg[/IMG]

^ Dimensions of the battery my mate intends on getting.

[IMG]http://www.**************.co.uk/assets/images/7vp1400afp-ll-dims.gif[/IMG]

So those are roughly the dimensions of your one then?
              Others till I die

Comment

Oh right my bad! I figured it was a nunchuck since... well it looks like one! I've not come across one in the layout you've suggested. Mine is roughly the same as the dimensions you've put up though.

It'll probably be a squeeze, but it should fit. You might just need to have the two bunches of cells on each side of the handguard.

Comment

Oh right my bad! I figured it was a nunchuck since... well it looks like one! I've not come across one in the layout you've suggested. Mine is roughly the same as the dimensions you've put up though.

It'll probably be a squeeze, but it should fit. You might just need to have the two bunches of cells on each side of the handguard.
                  Sorry to be a pain - but do you have anything that could simulate that size? As my friend's already ordered the battery... without confirmation... facepalm!

Or, better: does a normal 8.4V 1,500 mini battery fit either side of the handguard? i.e. could you fit two in?

[IMG]http://www.**************.co.uk/assets/images/250_7af-dims-NIMH.jpg[/IMG]

Since the dimensions for each of the nunchuck bits are pretty similar...
                  Others till I die

Comment

Two 8.4s will fit. It'll be tight in there, but they'll go. Actually man-handling them to get them to stay in the right spot might be a challenge when you're putting the handguard back together. Some tape might be in order.

Comment

Two 8.4s will fit. It'll be tight in there, but they'll go. Actually man-handling them to get them to stay in the right spot might be a challenge when you're putting the handguard back together. Some tape might be in order.
                      Brilliant - thanks so much, you've been really helpful :D
                      Others till I die

Comment

Might be worth giving your mate a verbal slap for not checking first too.

Comment

Might be worth giving your mate a verbal slap for not checking first too.
                          Haha, yeah
                          Others till I die

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

ElCarl Find out more about ElCarl
                          Working...
                          X