Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero One Ads

Collapse

FTS Mount, red dot sight and x3magnifier?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTS Mount, red dot sight and x3magnifier?

Afternoon Gang!

Looking to do something a little different with my new Scar regarding the sights. I have been looking for the past hour (client failed to show for his tattoo) and I have decided I want to get a Aimpoint Red Dot and and a magnifier set up on a fts mount, for the quick change between distance and CQC. Well actually it's more to just put a smile on my face because I love the looks and the "gadget" factor.

From what I understand they both have to line up perfect to work so what I want to know is do I have to buy specific mounts for my Red Dot to make sure it lines up with the magnifier? Thought it would be good to ask rather than going ahead buying it all to discover I have the wrong mounts and having to go through the process of sending things back buy new and so on.

Any help would be much loved. Does anyone have this set up? If so what sights and mounts do you use? Did you have any problems with them and so on?

Cheers
    Joe

Re: FTS Mount, red dot sight and x3magnifier?

edit : ignore

Comment

Did you happen to find the thread with the FTS mount and the red dot site being used without the magnifier and by itself? If so I already found it once today Mack

If I can't get a good consensus then I might email the a retailer and ask if they can shed some light on it!

Comment

yip thats the one, thought it was what you were looking for lol .

Comment

No worries, I appreciate the thought.

I have emailed a supplier and will post the reply for those interested.

Comment

my advice? leave out the magnifier. It was I who came up with the idea regionally ( i hope ) of a flip to side aim point!

The idea was that because of over barrel height, an aim point was useless on a short barrelled gun like the PDW. So I had the aim point for about 10-40 metres, then flip it to the side and just look down the rid for close shots. Adding an magnifier will only make it harder to aim at distance, and still leave you with the problem I overcame to begin with

Comment

Cheers for the Advice Boo but it's more of a show piece I am doing rather than anything else.

One question for you though. Is a FTS mount more raised than a standard rail mount?

Cheers

Comment

no worries chap. Yes, slightly higher than a normal mount!

Comment

If you look around, you can buy the whole set up, magnifier red dot and mounts, as a package, spotted a number of such items on an auction site, with various types of red dots to choose from, ie 552 aimpoit etc

Comment

Originally posted by ToaDi View Post
                    If you look around, you can buy the whole set up, magnifier red dot and mounts, as a package, spotted a number of such items on an auction site, with various types of red dots to choose from, ie 552 aimpoit etc
                    I think I have seen the exact ones you're on about. On the bay?

I am going to be going that way if I can't source one from the UK. I wish Zeroone did a wider range of products

Comment

That'd be the one, am seriously considering going that route myself, not to bad a price either, considering how much the few magnifiers I've seen available are going for on thier own

Comment

Originally posted by ToaDi View Post
                        That'd be the one, am seriously considering going that route myself, not to bad a price either, considering how much the few magnifiers I've seen available are going for on thier own
                        Yeah they're really low priced (even if they aren't genuine ones) my only advice would be to make sure you get insurance on them as they're going to be man handled several times before they reach you. Nobody wants cracked optics with no way of getting your money back!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Joefuski I'ma 21 Year Old piece of awesomeness who is currently growing a beard in memory of Ryan Dunn. Find out more about Joefuski
                        Working...
                        X