Systema Challenge kit help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Systema Challenge kit help

Hi,whats the difference between the m4a1 ptw and the m4a1 max ptw is there a lot of difference?
    I'm A Cotton-Headed Ninnymuggins.

Re: Systema Challenge kit help

get the max.stronger gears and motor and can run at whatever cylinder you want.also has nicer build components.

Comment

Originally posted by dantwnn View Post
      get the max.stronger gears and motor and can run at whatever cylinder you want.also has nicer build components.
      Half of what that says.
      The Max has the ability to fire Systema's Blue, Gold, Red and silver cylinders which would give you anywhere from 420FPS up to nearly 600fps.
      The standard ptw can still pull the above cylinders but the gears arent as strong (alloy instead of steel) so the gears wear down/fail the motors are the same.

One thing worth noting is in the UK an AEG is limited to 370FPS so dont have to be able to shoot at 500+fps.

Comment

so if im going to be using a m100 spring it should still last.(is the trigger response any different between the standard and the max)

Comment

Unless your good with electronics and good at soldering get a ready built one

Comment

trigger response will be no differant as the motors will be the same.
            M100 is about 350fps which i what mines been running for more than a year no problem.

And to the above if you can build a JG AEG a PTW is easier to assemble. only tricky bit is the soldering of the motor which you may want to get done by someone skilled with a soldering iron.

Comment

And the max can use a black cylinder which has gives 300 fps

Comment

PTW's dont get m100 springs, only m90/110/130/150/165

non max PTW's will run up to a gold cylinder (130 spring)

the difference being that the gears are a higher ratio than MAX ptw's, in theory the trigger response would be quicker but its not noticeable.

and as for power a black(90) can run anywhere from 300-360 fps, blue(110) from 360-430 and so on
                Systema PTW M4A1 - TM M14 - KSC Glock 17 - WE 1911 MEU - TM Hi Capa race gat

Comment

Cheers for the clarification kingwell

Comment

Originally posted by Kingwell View Post
                    the difference being that the gears are a higher ratio than MAX ptw's, in theory the trigger response would be quicker but its not noticeable.
                    Ah i thought it was steel gears on the Max's to handle the Higher power springs i stand corrected.

Comment

Originally posted by Bleedout View Post
                      Ah i thought it was steel gears on the Max's to handle the Higher power springs i stand corrected.
                      Nah mate you are right they are stronger, but the gear ratio on a max is considerably lower to give a lot more torque... whereas the Supermax gears are made from the same alloy as the MAX but are a lower ratio again.
                      Systema PTW M4A1 - TM M14 - KSC Glock 17 - WE 1911 MEU - TM Hi Capa race gat

Comment

Cheers Guys, im not building it my self im paying for someone else to do it for me and i think i will go with the max cqbr should be good.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

spacey Find out more about spacey
                        Working...
                        X