Is it good enough ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it good enough ?

Ok to sum it up quickly before I go into any detail I have a TM body but Double Eagle internals in my AK47s

After a year of use and wear its mucking up to say the least so after searching for new guns with my tiny budget I have decided to get a new gear box and moter set from JG their V3 AK gearbox but is JG good enough?

The internals cost £56 quid

and I dont have much money either.

I am going to the Ground zero weekender soon so is it worth it the gun still works kinda on semi but the safty is iffy and hard to ingage.

thank you for any replys and help.

Re: Is it good enough ?

You should get more than a reasonable ammount of use out of it, depending on how heavily you use it, and what sort of batteries you are putting in, but that applies to any gears you use. It may be worth your while trawling through the spare parts section to see if anyone is breaking up an ak, you may be able to find more reputable parts at a more reasonable price

Comment

A JG Gearbox should be good for a 9.6 or low output 7.4 lipo. Especially if you take the time to shim & correct AOE.

Comment

What condition is your gearbox in? Have you taken it out and checked it? If you know your way around a gear box you may on inspection find that its easier to just replace certain parts that are worn. If you know nothing about gearboxs then dont waste your time buying used goods. They may or may not be fit for purpose. Save your money and buy a CYma ak47.
        AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
        http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

Is it just the gears that are ropey? as there is a guy on the forum sell V3 internals on the spare bits thread

Comment

After a bit of looking and what you guys have been saying, it looks like Ima get a hold of a cyma ak47 thank you for all the replys.

Comment

cyma ak would be a much better option IMHO
              Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

are you gonna buy a complete cyma ak or just the mechbox?
                VICTORIA CONCORDIA CRESCIT

LOOKING FOR: S&W N-frame holster
                trader feedback http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/itrader.php?u=5191

Comment

a complete AK after a lot of searching and waitng a couple of days for a reply I found a guy selling one for 70 quid from my local area, I'm on holiday now so when I get back I get to try before I buy and if it works ima get it.

I am not sure of the model but its a full length with a bright green stock and body ;p

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Brogeta Not been airsofting for forever but been lurking here for long enough. Find out more about Brogeta
                  Working...
                  X