Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAGPUL MBUS gen1 pair - Opinions wanted

Right so...

I put a pair of MBUS gen 1 sights on the for sale catagory.
    Admittedly I miss identified them and have said they are PTS when they are in fact Gen 1.

Now I've been messaged by several different people telling me I should drop them down to as low as £15 because they could be fakes.

I bought them from a mate who bought them brand new as Authentic Magpul accessories. I now have the box for them. The box is a black white and dark orange/ brown. However, again, im being told that the box doesnt make them real & plenty of fakes come in real magpul boxes?!!?

My eyesight with regard to colours isnt great. So its either orange or brown. I've uploaded photos to show. The box is dusty which the camera has picked up. The box is all trademarked with the training use warning on the bottom & the magpul "personal training & simulation" markings on either side.

I've been told if they were fake, the box colouring would be bright orange and the manufacturing would be poor. However neither of these are the case =S

I compared them against Airoft GI (as I assumed a big american retailer would only supply the real thing)
    http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_inf...oducts_id=5866
    And mine look identical

Also if you compare them to the magpul website:
    http://store.magpul.com/product/MAG245/45

and here again:
    http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/******...only_Black.htm

They are the same...

I've put them up for £65 as I am sure they are authentic. However, it has been mentioned that I could upset people as I have no "proof" that they are real. However, if they come in the real box, they work perfectly & are spot on identical to all the pictures and reviews... How am I supposed to ever trust a "magpul" product again...

Im also being told the real ones have a screw head holding them onto the rail... I havent seen that on ANY of the ones you can by from airsoft retailers.

I would like opinions on this?
    I am sure they are the real thing. and when I look at the stores... I cant see the difference between mine and theirs.
    Kiran Payne
    TM P226 Custom, TM SAI G34, WE SRU G17, WE SAI M&P 9mm, WE SRU Apache XDM IPSC, KWA Kriss Vector Hard Recoil, TM HK416 Recoil
    Looking for another TM G17 and a TM M870

sigpic

They look identical to the ones I bought a while ago, that were fake

Comment

Re: MAGPUL MBUS gen1 pair - Opinions wanted

Oh f##k, well how are we supposed to tell =S
      How is anyone supposed to sell magpul authentic stuff if the fakes are so accurate?
      Kiran Payne
      TM P226 Custom, TM SAI G34, WE SRU G17, WE SAI M&P 9mm, WE SRU Apache XDM IPSC, KWA Kriss Vector Hard Recoil, TM HK416 Recoil

sigpic

Comment

My Clones were/are the same and have the same box...

Not sure how you tell, hence why I couldn't care less! :p
        Signature Removed

Comment

Fair enough,

Had a chat with a mate of mine and he explained the difference. If They were real, they would have each come in their own box then in another larger box.

These are still very good quality sites and have NONE of the problems I have read about on the forums about fakes.

When I next get the oppertunity, I'll drop them down to £30inc P&P.
          If anyone reads this and wants to buy them then pm me.

If a mod reads this, please close!
          Kiran Payne

sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

S3V3R Marshalled at ZED Adventures The Mall (RIP). I build ships (proper ones) and I shoot guns (toy ones). Find out more about S3V3R
          Working...
          X