two way radio and throat mic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• two way radio and throat mic

im after an two way radio and throat mic plus ear peace. Around 60 80 quid for two sets. Not looking to buy. Just help on what to buy in future.

Re: two way radio and throat mic

From what i have heard throat mics arent very reliable. they have to be in the right spot to pick up your voice properly, and can slip. For a radio i would recommend the motorola gp68. They have good range, batteries/chargers/antenna are easy to get hold of, and the build is solid.

Heath
    Originally posted by Nun-Chuck
    Any airsoft loadout that requires you to lubricate yourself before wearing it is frankly not worth the effort.

Comment

any ideas on comms that i can comunicate with my team and not give away my location with noise

Comment

Get yourself a motorola gp68 they are around £45 each on ebay. You can get an earpeice with mic for around £3!. Even with a throat mic they will still hear you talk!
        Signature Removed: Please read the forum rules

Comment

Throat mics can be good, if you get the right one.
          You generally have to spend a bit to get one worth having though, and even then you might find you don't get on with it.
          The cheap ones operate with a normal microphone that sits on your neck, so won't pick you up particularly well.
          The proper ones have vibrational sensors, that pick up your throat movements and are very good from my experience.
          I personally hate them, due to the way they wrap around my neck, but I have two mates who use them to good effect, and they are pretty good at picking up whispers too.

Otherwise, I would recommend the cavalvy "bowmans" headset. Very good for the money.

Radio wise, a Motorola XTN 446 or if you can afford it, the XTNi or XTNiD

Comment

I've just convereted to throat mics(VOX @ £9.50 a pair),they work very well and the walkie talkies are just cheap Motorolas..(t5720 @ £28.50 a pair),do not let the prices put you off.
            Depending on what kit you were has an affect on how comfortable they are,I wear BDU shirts with high collars(std') and I don't even notice them,the collar also stops them from slipping..I used them for my first day,all day at GZ recently with no issues..:D

Comment

I think you'd get mixed opinions on throat mics here... I really liked them to start with but Im constantly having to speak louder just to get the throat piece to pick up my voice better, thereby giving away my position, my mates who use a std headset n mic combo are crystal clear in my ears. Maybe I just have one those cheaper ones that xxerox warned against. I have now shifted over to a regular earpiece n mic. You can always upgrade to a throat mic later, no point spending loads on it and not liking it...

Comment

Originally posted by ggujral View Post
                I think you'd get mixed opinions on throat mics here... I really liked them to start with but Im constantly having to speak louder just to get the throat piece to pick up my voice better, thereby giving away my position, my mates who use a std headset n mic combo are crystal clear in my ears. Maybe I just have one those cheaper ones that xxerox warned against. I have now shifted over to a regular earpiece n mic. You can always upgrade to a throat mic later, no point spending loads on it and not liking it...
                That'a exactly what we did,we tried std earpieces first,then moved to throat types..my m8 doesn't like to use the vox function prefering the PTT function..

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

daniel murphy started playing airsoft a year ago. got hooked. now im one of my teams sniper Find out more about daniel murphy
                Working...
                X