lipo overload?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lipo overload?

Hi guys, okay so I have a ka m7 troy with a 11.1v lipo, yesterday, half way through the game my lipo alarm starts going crazy and that was only after about half hour! Also every couple of shoots the alarm would ring. The power seems to be drained real quick! Can anyone explain what's going on?

Thanks
    sigpic

more feedback!

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=19678

Re: lipo overload?

Have you been balancing your lipo.

Comment

Is it a low capacity battery? Lots of single shot could have dropped the voltage quite fast if it is.

To be honest, the first time I used an 11.1v in my 416 the alarm was buzzing within 5 minutes on the range. I was 100% certain the battery was OK, so disconnected the alarm and played the rest of the day. When I got home, I voltage tested the battery and it had hardly dropped and was nowhere near the danger point.
      sigpic

Comment

Yeah but I think it might be on the blink so gonna order a new one! Does it sound like that could be the problem?
        sigpic

more feedback!

Comment

I'll find out the capacity later when I'm home, its a g&p 11.1v 20 cell if that helps
          sigpic

more feedback!

Comment

The testers are fairly temperamental, if the current draw is a lot (i.e. A short) the voltage will drop and the tester will have a moan :3 I never use one any more and just test it between games.

Comment

If it's a 20C, then it's probably around a 1200mAh.

I've got 1 15C and 3 20C and all of them are able to last a full day, even when using primarily single shot in my VFC. I do find, though, that the 20C is needed for a full day with my DMR, pulling a 130 spring and single only.
              sigpic

Comment

my battery alarm goes off every 3rd shot yet battery is fine. I learned to live with it but eventually removed it.

I just stop firing and change my battery if/when the ROF starts noticably dropping.

Comment

depending on the amount of current being drawn the voltage can dip quite dramatically whenever you pull the trigger depending on the battery so after 30 minutes or so the dramatic drop in the voltage will be setting off your alarm, possibly try a new alarm if you keep having the same problem
                  Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

shawzy Find out more about shawzy
                  Working...
                  X