Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G&P MK23 US Navy Seals LMG Help!!!

Hi all,

I just bought this beautiful gun, and I was wondering if there are many aftermarker accesories that can be added to it? Im talking bipods or scope rails or foregrips etc...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    sigpic

The Proud Owner Of A New G&P US Navy MK23 LMG (Stoner 63)!

Re: G&P MK23 US Navy Seals LMG Help!!!

Nope as farbas im aware there is no attachments yet btw is yours a sexy weathered one like mine

Comment

Its looking kinda new at the mo as i couldnt find a weathered version, but im gonna work on it.
      sigpic

Comment

Its a Nam era weapon so don't expect there to be any railed feed covers anytime soon.

Comment

Kk, any bipods? This is one heavy motherbitch of a gun!
          sigpic

Comment

I doubt there will be any extras or after market parts released released for it bar internals, spare parts and mags.

Would be cool if they made the left feeding version with drum mag but its unlikely.

There was a few pics of it with a clip on bi-pod but none in the field from what I could see.

If you managed to find a real one somewhere you'll likely pay a fortune for it.
            > Gallery http://drake-uk.deviantart.com <

Comment

Re: G&amp;P MK23 US Navy Seals LMG Help!!!

if you google G&P Mk23 then go to images it comes up with a dodgy looking sight on the first page but the image clearly shows it with a clip on bipod, correct me if i'm wrong but i think that it is possible to fit a foregrip (though i don't know what kind) as for real parts, that's pretty much an impossibility as barely any of the real things were made.
              In war there is no prizes for the runner up

Comment

There was several models made but from all the reference photo's I've seen only the left and right belt fed versions made it into the field (minus any bi-pods or shrouded sights) and often with long barrel sets.

I could be wrong though but I've yet to see any of the others.

Here is a list of the variants although I notice the left hand belt fed variant isnt directly mentioned but its likely the 4th down.
                >> Stoner 63/63A Rifle: This version was designed as a standard assault rifle. It was tested by the US Military in 1967.

>> Stoner 63/63A Carbine: This version has a shorter barrel and foldable stock. It is similar to the 63/63A rifle in other regards.

>> Stoner 63/63A Automatic Rifle: This version is a closed-bolt rifle. It didn’t have a semi-automatic firing mode.

>> Stoner 63/63A Light Machine Gun: This variant fired from open-bolt and was fed using a linked ammunition belt from a 100-round polymer box.

>> Stoner 63/63A Medium Machine Gun: This is identical to the light machine gun accept that it could be mounted on tripods.

>> Stoner 63/63A Fixed Machine Gun: It was similar to the light machine gun but its trigger could be activated electrically.

>> Stoner 63/63A Commando: This was a LMG configuration with some of its weight reduced. This version was used on a limited scale in Vietnam.

>> Stoner 63 Survival Rifle: This version features a cut-down pistol grip and was primary intended for use as a self defence weapon by airmen.[/i]
                Edit: to add there is a moderized version you can buy that star/ares (i think i dont actually know =s ?) make.

That that is really resembles the mk23.
                Last edited by -Drake-; 14 August, 2011, 21:51.

Comment

That is the SHRIKE made by Ares Armaments (a RS company not related to the airsoft version). I have only seen a Hurricane kit version though.

Comment

Na the shrike is based on the m4 with an AR lower the one above is the custom conversion kit airsoft (Tag Arts Stoner LMG) version of KAC's stoner lmg but I've had a look about and ares do indeed make it as well except with a skeleton style stock.

Last edited by -Drake-; 14 August, 2011, 22:45.

Comment

Arg missed the edit deadline, to clarify I mean ARES as in the airsoft manufacturer not the real steel company abbadon was referring to.

http://www.aresairsoft.com/lmg.html

Also the picture in my previous post is a shirke for comparison.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

TobyRoberts My name is spelt T-O-B-Y.... That's all your getting.. Find out more about TobyRoberts
                      Working...
                      X