Low or mid cap what's your choice!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Low or mid cap what's your choice!?

hi caps purely because im a lazy bugger and hate reloading, if i had the money i would probably turn to mids but with flashmags at £15 each delivered i'll stick with my lazy ways haha
    Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

I have a mixture of both, I generally prefer hi-caps, but the rattling pisses me off, but most mid caps don't last 5 minutes!

Comment

Mid caps - easy, decent enough amount of ammo without the stupid rattling noise and constant winding of the mags.
        For me, unless doing hardcore mil-sim lo caps are pretty pointless, they're empty in a second or two auto fire and then you're getting shot by the guy with a 1000 round box mag
        G&P L119A1 classic look ASCU / G&P L119A1 modern look / WE CO2 1911 / DBoys Kar98 / S&S Lee Enfield SMLE

Comment

Originally posted by balaclava ben View Post
          hi caps purely because im a lazy bugger and hate reloading
          :D:D

I have a SPMOD whilst the bolt stop action causes the gun to stop firing after 30rnds or 82rnds... forces a mag change... I still prefer the 430rnd hicaps for the same reason as ben above...

Comment

You adjust to the ammount of ammo you carry. Within a couple of days play most skirmishers could be pretty effective with real cap mags (no really).

Back in 99 when I started the norm was to carry 2 or 3 high cap mags, because the price was restrictive (£350 for the gun, £40 each for batteries and mags!). I had a pair of high-caps for my first gun and I rarely remember changing, let alone running out. When mags were cheaper later on I can clearly remember running 8 or 9 of them and using most/all at times. I've been running mids now for a couple of years and rarely go through more than 3 a game.

My point. Carry more ammo and you'll use it (usually on targets at 110% of your range), carry less ammo and you will adjust. Less is more.

Comment

i'm sure you are correct and this would apply to lots of people, however personally i'm a wack a flashmag in, pull the chord three times and leave in for the day haha! i normaly only use about 50-100 rounds some games but its always nice to know you have reserve there incase you get pinned in some awkward position or if the game goes on longer than expected as mentioned above pure laziness really...
              Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

Mid cap, and most people on here know that I'm a high cap hater.
                Come to the midcap side my son :D
                Originally posted by Tiercel
                The whole OMG LIPOS ARE LIKE MINI NUKES WAITING TO HAPPEN! LIPOS CAUSED HIROSHIMA! 9/11 WASNT A PLANE IT WAS ACTUALLY SOMEONE CHARGING A LIPO WITH A CHEAP CHARGER! thing is highly over exaggerated

Comment

The question is about mid v real and not high cap hate.

Go down that road (yet again!) and I'll close the thread.
                  sigpic

Comment

lowcaps/realcaps are the way forward... plus if you learn to be effective with them you'll end up being a much better player with MUCH better trigger discipline
                    Systema PTW M4A1 - TM M14 - KSC Glock 17 - WE 1911 MEU - TM Hi Capa race gat

Comment

I prefer bunch of real caps and then 1 or 2 mids so a mixture. Thats what im trying to get at at the moment.

Comment

i'm swaying to the mid cap way but not i can't decide over a 95 round or a 130 round mid cap any suggestions?? :p
                        I love the smell of napalm in the morning!

Comment

Originally posted by whitefang View Post
                          i'm swaying to the mid cap way but not i can't decide over a 95 round or a 130 round mid cap any suggestions?? :p
                          I suggest that you buy a 95 rounder if you want 95 rounds or a 130 round if you want 130 rounds. That's all that's in it, really...

Originally posted by Lonewolf873
                          Mods can you please edit the title to shirt as I'm sure 5.11 don't sell shits.

Comment

The Marui recoil series work on the bolt catch stoping the gun from dry firing when your mag is empty. This only works on the 30/82rnd mags.. So the relaism is there to an extent.. "less is more". You do get those spary junkies in all games which just ruins the whole experience but hey, at the end of the day if there is a torrent of bbs flying in your direction go prone... then take the sucker out with a well placed single or short burst shot... more rewarding :D

Comment

Mid caps for me, like some people have said low caps are rubbish for woodland because of trees etc....
                              ..forever and ever we'll follow our team , we're Leeds United and we rule supreme!

Comment

I use midcaps. I was entertained by the idea of lowcaps about bought 3. Realistically in long games and high traffic firefights the lowcaps were a massive disadvantage as every 30 rounds I was given the time to advance!
                                I set of 200rd midcaps is the way forward in my opinion!
                                Kiran Payne
                                TM P226 Custom, TM SAI G34, WE SRU G17, WE SAI M&P 9mm, WE SRU Apache XDM IPSC, KWA Kriss Vector Hard Recoil, TM HK416 Recoil
                                Looking for another TM G17 and a TM M870

sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

whitefang I'm a family man with a gorgeous fiance and 3 beautiful girls age named, Tamara, Jazmine and Casey Find out more about whitefang
                                Working...
                                X