Radios for airsoft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radios for airsoft

What's the best kind of radios to use for a two man team and do I need a license because ideally I want cheap!!

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.680555,-3.228002
    I love the smell of napalm in the morning!

Re: Radios for airsoft

I'm going for 'cobra mt975' £37 for a pair on the bay, look it up.

Comment

radio 1 is pretty good, but i find that they talk too much and dont play much music :/
      Signature Removed

Comment

You dont need a licence for 5w and below rated PMR 446 frequency radio kit, Cobras are pretty good but be ready for a lot of locals jumping in on your chat if you dont take time to suss out the privacy codes. [ common issue on all no licence req radios ]
        Various mic/headset PTT setups you can try out including throat mic, PRR style headset and remote PTT for finger attachment. Also bluetooth/wireless tech out there but costly unless using for work related tasks.

Comment

I use a Motorola GP68 with a Cavalvy Military PTT and Swimmer Headset - works brilliantly, comfy and not to costly

//Shaide
          sigpic
          [ VFC KAC PDW - TM MP5k - TM/G&P M14 DMR - G&P XM177e2 - G&P Autobot - KWA M4A1 ]
          * WANTED : TM M9A1 /w Mags *

Comment

Motorola talkabout with a PTT switch and bowman headset. Cheap as chips, the standard radio used, easy to get headsets for, and no license needed. Normally come with 8 main channels and i think 13 sub channels, so plenty of space to find an individual channel.

Comment

Motorola Xtr446 Excellent radios 41 quid for 4 on the bay
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Jelliffe99 View Post
                Motorola Xtr446 Excellent radios 41 quid for 4 on the bay
                The ones I've seen are all like £130 and upwards!! :s I did like the look on them cobras mind!!

---
                I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.680547,-3.227987
                I love the smell of napalm in the morning!

Comment

SAA, think you missed a decimal point there. PMR446 licence free radios must have a maximum transmission power of 0.5W (500mW).

Radios like the GP68 and lots of other Kenwoods and Woxuns etc have low power settings but are still 1W, and lots of them can quite get the centre frequencies for PMR446.

My advice would be to go for a radio specifically designed for PMR446 use, then you can't go wrong.
                  Originally posted by TLSFx on the misuse of pyros
                  Never wave them at police firearms response teams. Those people have (real) guns and no sense of humour.

Comment

I just got an Intek MT-5050. Easy to mod for extra channels and 4W power, if you're happy doing that sort of thing.

Haven't given it a good field test yet, though - took it out at the weekend and not a single other player was on comms :O

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

whitefang I'm a family man with a gorgeous fiance and 3 beautiful girls age named, Tamara, Jazmine and Casey Find out more about whitefang
                    Working...
                    X