X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downgrade to 350 FPS Is it possible?

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to downgrade a Ares G36CV to 350 FPS
    (+/-5%)? Because it fires at about 360-400 FPS, and also, do any of you know of any websites that offer a downgrade service?
    Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.

Re: Downgrade to 350 FPS Is it possible?

m100 springs normally bring a gun to about 350 fps if im not wrong the ares g36's all have a quick change spring system. If you dont want to do it your self and since this is zeroin im sure the friendly staff at zero one would be able to downgrade it for you.
    Originally posted by fuzzhead
    I am wondering if a gay boy will fit an warrior l96 and what the point of them are

Comment

best bet is m90 as it will be around 320 and i can confirm all ares guns have quick change springs but i don't know about m4s are but g36 has them

Comment

Ok thanks guys, helped alot.
        Consciousness: That annoying time between naps.

Comment

ZeroOne will do it for you get an m90
          sigpic

Comment

zeroone is a rip off save £25 and do it yourself as its got a quick change spring anyone can change the spring without opening the gearbox

Comment

Originally posted by SAS Scott View Post
              zeroone is a rip off save £25 and do it yourself as its got a quick change spring anyone can change the spring without opening the gearbox
              agreed but the OP did also ask where to get it done. the quick change makes it so simple a total new'by to internals could do it
              Originally posted by fuzzhead
              I am wondering if a gay boy will fit an warrior l96 and what the point of them are

Comment

The ares gearboxes are quick swap... you can do it yourself in 10 minutes if you removed two pins and drop the pistol grip out.
                Kiran Payne
                TM P226 Custom, TM SAI G34, WE SRU G17, WE SAI M&P 9mm, WE SRU Apache XDM IPSC, KWA Kriss Vector Hard Recoil, TM HK416 Recoil
                Looking for another TM G17 and a TM M870

sigpic

Comment

I`d go with an m95 spring or an sp90 spring if you want 350fps and drop a bearing spring guide in if it don`t all-reddy have one in to get you a better shot to shot consistency
                  sigpic
                  Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

Originally posted by thekonassure View Post
                    I`d go with an m95 spring or an sp90 spring
                    Regarding this, For me ARES G36, I run an M85 for CQB and it chronos in at 300. I have an M100 which I use for 350 site limits and it will chrono at 345. I have a 6.04 barrel in my G36 so I would imagine a stock 36CV would be slightly lower fps.

Also - in case you're thinking of cheap skating - DONT BUY ELEMENTS. I bought 3 element M90 springs for my 3 AEGs (at the time). All of them chrono'd in at well over 350. These were bought from another retailer, brand new. The systema springs I bought to replace them have done me far better and in the end only cost a few quid more per spring
                    Kiran Payne
                    TM P226 Custom, TM SAI G34, WE SRU G17, WE SAI M&P 9mm, WE SRU Apache XDM IPSC, KWA Kriss Vector Hard Recoil, TM HK416 Recoil
                    Looking for another TM G17 and a TM M870

sigpic

Comment

I don`t really buy systema springs if I can help it I find they are normally on the weak side and some of them brake remember some springs require more breaking in the others do.

I find shs springs to be a bit on the weak side but still good springs and guarder springs to be good but very very strong for their rating in a v3 gb a guarder sp90 will hit around 350fps, Ive had an sp100 hit almost 400fps without a tight bore barrel in a friends g36 I really wish I had not changed the piston head o-ring lol

That gun had to have an sp90 spring in it in the end.

Its handy to google what results other people have had with a make and model of spring and worse comes to worse you can always cut 1 or 2 links out of the spring.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thekonassure View Post
                        I find shs springs to be a bit on the weak side but still good springs .
                        What????.

LOL..No way. M100's usually come in at arround 380fps...

As I put in another thread yesterday. There are always threads popping up where Systema springs have broken, so I would avoid them at all costs.
                        Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

I can`t recall the last time I used an shs m100 spring I normally use them for bigger sizes well you probably see about 100 to 1000 shs springs a year Midas so I`ll take your word for it and go back to using them
                          sigpic

Comment

i've known 3 different systema 1J's to break, 2 of them were without a bearing guide and 1 with. definately avoid!
                            guarder rate their springs with .25's which is why they chrono so high, and theres atleast 1 other mainstream make that do the same (possibly madbull?)
                            Team Ballin' - "It sounds dirty because it is"

Comment

If a lot of company`s are rating for a .25bb

Then that would explain why some make an m100 spring and a 1j spring as the m100 is 100 meters a second with a .25 and so really more like 1.25J

I like to build a gun to shoot about 10 fps higher then what I need that way once I apply hop adjustment I`m bang on what I set out to build
                              sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

Theairsofter101 Find out more about Theairsofter101
                              Working...
                              X