This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ukara question

Ok basically my friend is also getting a airsoft gun but he seems to Think he doesn't need it two toning because his dad is a bodyguard and has a firearm licence. I thought that he would still have to have a two tone gun because it isn't a ukara , am I in the right or wrong ? And thanks in advance.
    Last edited by bailey715; 17 August, 2011, 12:06. Reason: Correcting spelling

Re: Ukara question

You are indeed correct on the fact he needs it Two Toned, you could have a shot gun licence but would still need an AEG Two Toned under the VCRA without UKARA or a defence of having a non two toned gun.

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

yeh, your friend is talking out of his behind. He needs a UKARA licence to purhcase any RIF that isn't two toned/clear. Plain and simple.

If his dad has a UKARA then he could purchase a RIF that's not two toned and give to him as a gift. However if he doesn't have a UKARA then he can't.

UKARA License = ability to buy RIFS that aren't two toned
      NO UKARA - ability to buy ONLY two toned guns.

Hope this helps
      Really?

Comment

UKARA isn't a licence its a form of defence

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

...and with all of the criteria above, he still must be 18 or over to buy an IF/RIF

Originally posted by Lonewolf873
          Mods can you please edit the title to shirt as I'm sure 5.11 don't sell shits.

Comment

I dont know anywhere that sells without UKARA.. so good luck to him.
            My mates dad owns a hunting sports shop in kidderminster, even he has been required to use UKARA if he wanted to sell RIFs...
            I hear that the VCRA bill only requires the seller to "know" that you are using it for skirmishing purposes. I would imagine there are retailers out there who would sell without UKARA assuming they knew you very well and skirmished with you on a regular basis? I've only herd this though, havent read it in the VCRA bill.
            Kiran Payne
            TM P226 Custom, TM SAI G34, WE SRU G17, WE SAI M&P 9mm, WE SRU Apache XDM IPSC, KWA Kriss Vector Hard Recoil, TM HK416 Recoil
            Looking for another TM G17 and a TM M870

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by S3V3R View Post
              I dont know anywhere that sells without UKARA.. so good luck to him.
              I do, but they check your site membership (which is the legal requirement).
              Originally posted by S3V3R View Post
              I hear that the VCRA bill only requires the seller to "know" that you are using it for skirmishing purposes. I would imagine there are retailers out there who would sell without UKARA assuming they knew you very well and skirmished with you on a regular basis? I've only herd this though, havent read it in the VCRA bill.
              Yes, and no. The airsoft defence is NOT covered explicitly in the VCRA - it comes under the Home Secretary's powers to grant exemptions. As such, it's MUCH easier for it to be revoked...

Comment

My dad is the Queen of Sheba.

He was P*SSED when i told him he had to have his RIFS two toned.
                Signature Removed

Comment

Originally posted by Major View Post
                  My dad is the Queen of Sheba.

He was P*SSED when i told him he had to have his RIFS two toned.
                  Not if he already has them.
                  Possession of RIFs isn't against the law. Selling them is. If he was buying one without a defence, he'd need to buy 2-tone, but if he already has them, that's fine - he can leave them as-is.

Comment

Originally posted by No1_sonuk View Post
                    Not if he already has them.
                    Possession of RIFs isn't against the law. Selling them is. If he was buying one without a defence, he'd need to buy 2-tone, but if he already has them, that's fine - he can leave them as-is.
                    I'm pretty sure that's not correct - remember that the VCRA and UKARA only cover the UK, Sheeba is a separate sovereign country and therefore has different rules. Not to mention that since his dad is the Queen of Sheeba he/she may change the law at his/her whim...
                    102nd Chairborne Rangers - "Intelluctus VCRAus recte"

Keyboard Commando - "He who argues until the other person gives up and goes away wins"

Comment

Originally posted by bailey715 View Post
                      Ok basically my friend is also getting a airsoft gun but he seems to Think he doesn't need it two toning because his dad is a bodyguard and has a firearm licence. I thought that he would still have to have a two tone gun because it isn't a ukara , am I in the right or wrong ? And thanks in advance.
                      I believe you are correct. Unless his father regularly goes to airsoft skirmishes your friends' gun would need to be two-toned.

Being a bodyguard is not a valid defence for purchasing airsoft RIFs. Holding a firearms certificate is not a valid defence for purchasing airsoft RIFs.

My father bought a DE M56DL (an airsoft shotgun) for me 2 years ago. Both he and I were, and still are, licensed shotgun users; it still had to be two-toned as he wasn't a regular skirmisher.

Comment

Originally posted by Longshot View Post
                        I'm pretty sure that's not correct - remember that the VCRA and UKARA only cover the UK, Sheeba is a separate sovereign country and therefore has different rules. Not to mention that since his dad is the Queen of Sheeba he/she may change the law at his/her whim...
                        Longshot - Evening made.
                        Signature Removed

Comment

Not to mention being a bodyguard is not a valid reason for having a firearms licence under UK law!
                          sigpic

Comment

not to kick it in again but a fire arm is not a rif and so a firearms licence would never entitle a person to be able to buy an airsoft RIF

He need`s a valid defence and has to be over 18 for an airsoft player being on the UKARA register is the easy`st way to do this or 2 tone.

I think you would have to be part of a diplomatic protection body guard unit even then a lot of them are not armed on uk soil well now legally anyway.
                            sigpic
                            Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

Originally posted by thekonassure View Post
                              I think you would have to be part of a diplomatic protection body guard unit even then a lot of them are not armed on uk soil well now legally anyway.
                              I used to know an ex-booty who worked for the Saudi government as a "threat assessor". When he was working in the UK they used to work armed and had been told that all the time they were on embassy property or in an embassy vehicle they were legal (as they are technically Saudi soil), but if they stepped outside they would be carrying illegal firearms and the Saudis would drop them like a hot potato.
                              sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

bailey715 Find out more about bailey715
                              Working...
                              X