Good First Gun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good First Gun?

im looking for a good first gun. i already have a cyma glock but now i need a primary. i have about £130 to spend. i heard JG are a good make but zero1 dont sell JG. Any suggestions??? i dont like big guns much either

Re: Good First Gun?

There are stores other than Z1, we're just not allowed to mention them. CYMA and kalash AKs are very good. You can usually pick up a good deal here on the forums for something.

Comment

Your best bet would be to find a second hand JG on the forums for around 100quid then use the spare cash to buy a decent battery and/or mags.
      Ive just sold a JG M4 was a fantastic gun, really well built and performed great.

Gaz

Three reasons to stand up: 1. To get the remote 2. To go to the bathroom 3. Because you’re the real slim shady

Comment

z1 does sell JG! the jg g3 is an awesome gun and i would recomend it!

Comment

If i was to start airsoft again i would get, if i had a starter budget.

JG HK416 - Why?? (cheap, full metal, mosfet, reliable, good fps) - £140

HFC Glock 17 GBB - Why?? (cheap, powerful, accurate, bargain) - £60

If i had no budget

TM M14 socom with M100 spring - why?? (awesome range, sexy, reliable) - £335

KSC Glock 17 - why?? (metal, reliable, powerful, accurate) - £110

Funny enough the tm m14 and ksc glock is what i have ended up with and wont be changing any time soon - had alot of guns and finally found a good setup.

I had one of those cyma aep glocks - twas crap!!
          The JG G3 is good performance wise but is wobbly and plastic,for an extra 30 quid you can get full metal 416 with mosfet.
          Last edited by Yermo McSmurmo; 3 September, 2009, 23:22.

Comment

My First gun was a JG G36c and its still running perfectly. I've had it for about 3 years now. I would definitely recommend it!

Comment

yeah i would recommend the g36c to anyone as its such a light, fast and easy to use gun with a superb range considering the barrel lengh (plus the mags clip together meaning u can travel lighter)
              sigpic

Comment

its a swings and round abouts question. its going to come down to your own personal tastes play some games and during the down time ask people if you can have a look at there guns, its the only way your going to find out what you like performance is variable with them due to age ware and upgrades.

I have owned guns made by most of the major players TM (alright but silly money),CA (never again), A&K(getting better) ,CYma(ok), JG (my chosen manufacturer), Tanaka( rolls royce of gas pistol nto so sure about there long arms), AA (only if your after an sa80) etc

my personal tast and choice :
                i have tried most types of gun and ended going back to were i started and buying JG Augs

THe reason been JG is afordable and reliable,

PLUS POINTS:
                V3 gearbox is a stable base for a gun

JG Aug has amazing range due to a decent amount of power and stable hop coupled with a 509 barrel as standard.

DUe to it been a bull pup the barrel is set right back under your arm so you get the performance of a long gun in a small form factor body,

it strips like the real deal into 3 parts making it less fussy to clean and maintain.

Its plastic and metal construction mimics real steel and is there for relativly light and strong.

there very very hard to breakl, i own 6 i think now and my mates own a few to and none of us have broken any of them in the last 3 ish years. a few of mine are second hand and much older and are due new springs £10 and the feed nipples £10 need replaced but otherwise there fine.

thats not to say its perfect it looks like plumbing(your either love or hate this gun),

DOWNSIDES:
                out the box they can be a bit hot and need to be downgraded to site limits (none of mine ever have but i am told they can be hot)

mags are more bulky than some making it a little more annoying to find pouches but i manage with standard issue plce pouches just fine so most should be ok. (g36 and P90 mags are a pain in the ***)

Over time people tend to strip these a little to often resulting in the gun getting a bit loose all round but this can usually be fixed with no great effort (bend and retension a couple of springs and there ok)

they improve for a decent barrel and hop rubber.

there are not many external upgrades avaibale (unlike the thousands of Armalite parts) you can get a few expensive and hard to find upgrades (phantom kit, Sniper outer barrels, Eod kits, riz mount for launcher etc)

internaly the hop is the only expensive and hard to get bit usually everything else is standard so easy to soucre.

I cant reconmend the AUG enough as a first gun the only serious down side is you wont be happy with much else after you have used one for a length of time nothing performs like an AUG in my opinion.

Comment

IF you have £130 you should keep an eye out on here, ive seen loads of tm's with accesories going for 100-120... there worth a look, as they are more realible than a jg

Comment

Originally posted by AIRSOFTboy22 View Post
                    IF you have £130 you should keep an eye out on here, ive seen loads of tm's with accesories going for 100-120... there worth a look, as they are more realible than a jg
                    at low FPS's, if you buy a TM you may as well factor in upgrades to your budget.

We need a sticky thread saying, "So your new? go but a JG G36c"
                    "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

mine had to be ma star l85

some peice of kit, just upgraded the hell out of it. i'd have to say its the best aeg i've ever used

i've got a g36c here, its good n all that, n the hop up design on it is amazing

i would avoid a support or sniper just now until you get used to aeg's
                      Originally posted by bravotwozero
                      Half of the people on zeroin are ex-sas, or currently serving in the regiment, so you shouldn't have a problem getting some hard information.

Comment

[QUOTE=Another;190574]at low FPS's, if you buy a TM you may as well factor in upgrades to your budget.

Yea but this is a begginer, for introducing someone to a sport you done want them blowing a fuse or stripping gears in 3 mags :/.... realiablity is far betta than a faster bb outta the barrel... although fps is very important

Comment

my g36c's been rained on, stood on, bitten, dropped, used as a cricket bat and its still working fine. GET ONE.
                          Cheap Rifle Wrap for Sale!

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.p...798#post371798

Comment

Originally posted by AIRSOFTboy22 View Post
                            ive seen loads of tm's with accesories going for 100-120... there worth a look, as they are more realible than a jg
                            As with anything this is a subjective statement, my third gun was tm and was a piece of **** my fourth was CA also rubbish, I have NEVER had a JG break on me

and have killed 3 CA
                            killed
                            ca g36, m15a2, and a m24
                            tm m4,
                            AA sa80 but my second one never missed a beat til i sold it

i own 6 JG augs,1 JG m4, 2 gas cheap soft glocks, and a tm 90

i wont buy a branded high end gun again i see no point if i can buy 2 cheapsoft JG guns for the price of 1 high end.

with a budget of 130 buy and aug and a spare mag its how i started and i wish i had never wasted the money buying anything else(but thats jsut me)

Comment

Indeed you may have killed more "branded guns" but i think its obvious more people agree that a tm is more realible than a jg :/ - - anyway your choice coxy have a look around the forums or on AH for some guns

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

coxy 888 Find out more about coxy 888
                              Working...
                              X