How many Midcaps?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many Midcaps?

How many 100-130 round midcaps would I need for an M4. I was going to go for about 6 (giving me 600 - 780 Rounds per Game)

I was going to get just two more High Caps but everyone seems to recomend Midcaps.

Should I get 6 Midcaps or More?

GR-16 for Sale http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=24928 Gr-16 for Sale

Re: How many Midcaps?

i recommend high caps for a few reasons

- dont mis feed as much (m4 mid caps mis feed alot unless you get a good brand)
    - dont cost as much ( 1 high cap = £12 ......... 5 mid caps = £60)
    - dont have to reload as much
    - dont have to carry a ridiculous amount of mags around
    - dont have to mess about with a speedloader

one high cap and a bottle of bbs in your combats, which means you dont have to wear/buy a vest to house them - thus saving more more/time/effort

the only con about high caps is that they rattle but unless your playing splinter cell, it dosnt matter
    Last edited by Yermo McSmurmo; 3 September, 2009, 21:09.

Comment

8 mid caps does me fine.
      1, they have not misfed yet and fit in the magwell much better, my hicaps did this a bit
      2, they are cheaper, at 40 dollars for a box of 8 mags, hicaps cant match that
      3, reloading is fun and adds to the realism
      4, there is no annoyinig rattle when you run with midcaps
      5, none of that annoying winding
      Last edited by Sci Fi Steve; 4 September, 2009, 10:04.
      Originally posted by fijitstiks
      they are a waste of time dont know why the british army still has them
      Originally posted by N3ADS
      Is this you talking from experience ?..
      Originally posted by fijitstiks
      i was at cadets for 3 years

Comment

winding / speedloader = winding anyday

speedloaders hold up games from starting - people standing in the safe zone reloading 15 low/mid caps - bottle, high cap, pour, start and then wait on the guys using speedloaders lol.

but if you do decide to get mid caps then buy as many as you can afford, saves reloading.

Milsim - low caps ..... Airsoft fun - high caps, mids to an extent if they have decent cacity and feed properly
        Last edited by Yermo McSmurmo; 3 September, 2009, 21:19.

Comment

Give it a break crotmate. I much prefer mids because I have a sneaky style of play, and the rattling really doesn't work with that. I find reloading mid-firefight is a lot of fun because it makes the experience much more intense (which = fun IMO).
          With high-caps you can just blast away at your target on full auto. It takes a lot of the skill out because with mids you will be trying to conserve your ammo, so you will tend to do short, controlled bursts, or single shot.
          Basically, in my experience, high-caps=bb spam, and so they make the game less fun.

Comment

I've gotta say, if i was starting again, I would buy middcaps from the off. Why?

You nearly always need to rewind highcaps, but most midcaps will feed out, but this depends on the brand
            Reloading in the field adds a degree of realism
            Knowing you have 100 shots rather than 500 means you choose your shots, and dont 'spray and pray' so much. Also means you end up spending less on ammo
            I've used both highcaps and lowcaps, and reloading 10 middcaps versus four highcaps, there isn't alot between them. Plus on a cold morning, those highcap teeth can bite into your skin like no ones business. One on one, midcap reloads actually seem to be quicker
            G&G TR15 Raider XL, CA G36K, G&G MP5A4, Cyma Thompson, APS AKS-74U, Custom TM Uzi, DE M56, WE Nighthawk X2, Cyma Glock 18C
            RD Customs MG42, The Bone Cannon And Project Balderdash.

If you aren't laughing, you're doing it wrong.

Comment

i have 8 mids but i think im gonna get a few highcaps. just for those moments when your out in the mids, and you still need ammo!

Comment

i carry 6 lowcaps with my mp5 (8 mids when i used my previous armalites etc)

lasts me the whole day - i fill them the night before the game day and just use them as they go

dont carry bbs or loader into the field - sometimes i might reload them at lunch but normally still have half of them left and end up just shooting the puddles at the end of the day
                |Systema PTW M16 RIS | Systema PTW M4 RIS | Systema PTW MP5 | WE SCAR L GBB | King Arms Sig 556 Holo | Custom M4 CASV Multicam | TM MP7 | KSC Steyr TMP | KSC USP .45 | WA SIG GSR | WA Beretta M9 | Socom Gear Wilson Combat 1911| Remote Pyro |

Comment

If you're going for midcaps I'd recommend just getting a box of MAG ones. They only cost about £50 for the box and out of the four boxes I've had I've only ever had one problem with one MP5 mag which was mostly my fault for trying to over fill it and it was a common fault with the MP5 mags which is easily fixed/prevented.
                  Dont worry about them being plastic either. When I had my first set of M4 mags I'd drop them onto concrete floors at urban sites and they'd get bashed about quite a lot and they never broke.

If you do decide to go for hicaps get a good brand. Personally I swear by TM ones. I've got a couple that are about 4-5 years old and they are still going strong.
                  Also full hicaps dont rattle and empty ones dont have anything in them to rattle so that rattling while you walk argument doesnt really hold water.
                  It's only the mag in your gun which rattles when its part full and if you cant your gun still enough to stop it from rattling when you're sneaking then hicaps are the least of your worries.

As for the whole winding vs pumping debate I prefer loading midcaps as like shadowcaptain I load my mags the night before so its a one time thing and I dont have to worry about them for the rest of the day. I've got 14 mids for my M4 so I load them all the night before then instead of loading my mags at lunch I just swap empty ones for full ones that I leave with my kit.
                  When I'm using hicaps I tend to spray more so I'm forever winding mags and refilling hicaps between games then there's also the dreaded "dead man's whine" to worry about with hicaps when you stick the mag in and it unwinds is self.

Comment

I carry 12 CA 130-round midcaps- work and feed flawlessly, plenty of ammo, fun of the reload and no rattle :D

Comment

i take as many as i can carry. im currently using the 85 round ares plastic injection ones - seem pretty good for their price

Comment

Originally posted by Yermo McSmurmo View Post
                        5 mid caps = £60
                        -

Don't know where you get your mid caps from! :p

you can pick up 10 for £40 from 01.

Comment

those bulk packs of mid caps mis feed (some occasions they dont) - ive never heard of a high cap mis feeding (obviously if you leave they mag filled with bbs the spring becomes weaker and wont feed)

High caps for the win (fake airsofter language)

Comment

hi caps are all right for when your starting out.....(i had 2) then after three games a bought a box of 6 mid caps. I use my mid caps first then my high caps for backup. What aeviv says is true just dont spray and pray!
                            [QUOTE=archangel;463445]. At the end of the day, we are (generally) a group of young or middle aged white men playing with toys guns in the woods, never forget this.

Comment

I use midcaps as much as possible, that is to say, I might get a highcap or two with a gun on here, which I'll keep until I can buy midcaps for it.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

xAlanAttackx Find out more about xAlanAttackx
                              Working...
                              X