WE pistols

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WE pistols

how well do they work here in the uk? i know winter hates GBB but i was wondering how people who have them find they work in the summer/warmer months.

Re: WE pistols

I don't think they're very good... You're far better off sticking with either Tokyo Marui or [KWA NS2/KSC System 7] - then you'll have a pistol which does work during the winter.
    Others till I die

Comment

i have electric for the winter, but was wondering about GBB for summer and like some of the flashy ones WE do

Comment

ok all you need to do is get some LPE mag shimms, i used a we1911 in summer 18 degrees i got 11 shots off before i ran out of gas (just as fast as the gun would cycle, i was just trying to get rounds down to test)
        fitted a magazine shim i got all 14 rounds off, and the slide locked back, i refilled the magazine and got another 10 shots of for a total of 24 shots at full power, i couls have kept shooting and got the last 4 off but at a much lower velocity, (again firing as fast as i could)
        trading WE M16A1 for CYMA or RS SVD with PSOP
        http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...ting-trades%29

Comment

Avoid WE they are full of problems stick with TM and you'll never be sorry, if you want a metal kit, there are plenty around to choose.

Wolf

Asahi WA2000
          WTB Piper Minigun

Comment

I've had my WE Beretta M92F for nearly a year now and never had a single issue with it. It's full metal and fires on point every time. I keep it well maintained, cleaned and lubed after every skirmish. They say you get what you pay for and I generally hold to this rule but this was my exception, £80 brand new....bargain!

Comment

WE Beretta M92F
              Interestingly I don't think the WE Berettas are quite as rubbish as the WE 1911s and Hi-Capas. Not sure why. Same for their Luger actually, I quite like those.

But in general, a TM will serve you better.

Comment

I can tell you for fact that just about all if not all of the users on this forum will say "ignore WE get a TM". I stand by them on some points but if you want and like the WE seriers of pistols, GET ONE. I have a 4.3 Hi capa and M1911 and both work a treat. The only things that really go wrong is the hammer sear and hammer, the beaver tail safety and the leaf sring. All of which are easy fixes.

Like I said get what you want and if a problem comes up fix it and it wont happen again.

Comment

I have a Socom Gear (WE counterpart) M9 S.O.F. (a very beautiful M9A1 in Tan).
                  Used it in 8 degrees fine with green gas. It is very good, however it isn't stock... it has been upgraded a fair bit! :D
                  WE do make nice pistols... but they need good looking after (+ a little bit of luck) to work in the winter

:EDIT: Watch out for some M9 hop adjustments! Some are very difficult to get to and involve pushing a pin into the hop rubber... what ever you do... DON'T put too much hop on!

But they're great fun in the summer- if that's what you're buying it for!

However, I guarentee, if you've used it all summer... you'll hate your AEP in the winter
                  sigpic

Comment

I have a WE Hi-Capa 3.8 and it's a joy to use. Have had some really good games with it. Have had a couple of issues with it too but nothing major. Based on mine, I'd say WE's a good choice if you can't spend megabucks. But I haven't used any others so that's not based on huge experience or anything

Comment

Wouldnt touch one with a barge pole.

Ive had a few WE pistols and theyre all crap, suffer from terrible cool down, mediocred performance and accuracy at best.

Ive owned pistols from WE, KSC, KWA, KJW, AA and not a singe one of them performs nearly as well as a TM.

Tokyo Marui make THE best GBB pistols around, fact. If you want one that will work each time, every time get a TM and just leave it stock. My WE 1911 struggled to empty a full mag on a regular day, my TM FN-5.7 emptied nearly 2 mags on a single fill of gas in the midle of winter. Its really worth paying that little bit extra to get a TM.
                      Last edited by Tiercel; 18 August, 2011, 12:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Joefuski View Post
                        The only things that really go wrong is the hammer sear and hammer, the beaver tail safety and the leaf spring.
                        Oh so not much then...

If I'm buying a brand new pistol, I'd rather nothing went wrong with it. Maybe that's just me being weird?

I wouldn't get a WE pistol. The KWA/KSC system works great plus they're all metal pistols. TM and KSC/KWA are the only brand's I would pick when buying a pistol but I guess it's just personal preference, some people have WE pistols that never go wrong and others have TMs that got wrong at every possible opportunity.

Most importantly, find a pistol you like, most problems can be fixed with airsoft pistols but it's nicer to not have any problems to fix.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiercel View Post
                          Wouldnt touch one with a barge pole.

Ive had a few WE pistols and theyre all crap, suffer from terrible cool down, mediocred performance and accuracy at best.

Ive owned pistols from WE, KSC, KWA, KJW, AA and not a singe one of them performs nearly as well as a TM.

Tokyo Marui make THE best GBB pistols around, fact. If you want one that will work each time, every time get a TM and just leave it stock. My WE 1911 struggled to empty a full mag on a regular day, my TM FN-5.7 emptied nearly 2 mags on a single fill of gas in the midle of winter. Its really worth paying that little bit extra to get a TM.
                          That is a abit biased considering the gas chamber on the 5-7 is pretty much double of what the 1911 is.

But OP by all means get a WE, But dont mind me i shall just be using my TM and shooting out to 55M stock
                          Hate.
                          "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his

General George S.patton

Dboys AK74U with Samson rail (y)

Comment

another route for the pistol i like is ILX curious about them, as ive only just found any product that they make, only other problem would be importing from asia as thats the only place ive found it

Comment

Two of my mates have WE MEU's & M92FS.
                              For whoever mentioned system 7 - I have had troubles with System 7 in the cold but its because of the lubricant used not the system itself.
                              The same applies to the MEU and 92FS HOWEVER I have noticed that WE MEU magazines are noticably worse than the TM equivilent.

My TM 92FS died at the first sign of cold weather so I cant say anything nice about them...
                              Kiran Payne
                              TM P226 Custom, TM SAI G34, WE SRU G17, WE SAI M&P 9mm, WE SRU Apache XDM IPSC, KWA Kriss Vector Hard Recoil, TM HK416 Recoil
                              Looking for another TM G17 and a TM M870

sigpic

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

crazywb Find out more about crazywb
                              Working...
                              X