Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recommendations for M16A3/A4 AEG

Hey there everyone,
    I intend to purchase my first RiF once I turn 18 and UKARA registered. I'm looking at getting a M16A3 or M16A4 AEG, I've done research into such rifles as the G&P M16A3, Ares M16A3 and the ICS M16A3, but I'd like recommendations and advice from people who have experience or knowledge of such AEG's.

Thank you people,

Kit
    sigpic

Re: recommendations for M16A3/A4 AEG

I've currently got the G&P M16A3, and my brother has owned the Ares M16A3, both are decent out of the box, but the G&P is better in my opinion

however once the Ares one had been tinkered with and upgraded a little, it was really good, outdoing the G&P one

i'm yet to upgrade the G&P one, so i don't know what that will be like with upgrades done to it

I'd personally go with G&P, they've got a good reputation for fps, range etc and they're not ridiculously expensive
    Originally posted by Fenriz
    Hicaps are as bad as two-tone. Or rape.

Comment

G&P M16 A3 love mine, looks and feels the beez kneez. Like all G&P the gun is solid.
      ..forever and ever we'll follow our team , we're Leeds United and we rule supreme!

Comment

G&P Man16 simply because of initial build quality (rock solid) and the sheer amount of after-market upgrades and bits you can get that fit G&P with no hassle. Stick a madbull hop unit in there and you are laughing.

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

G&P make the best stock Armalite AEGs in my opinion. Their gears & hop units aren't the best but they hold up fine. You should really upgrade the hop & barrel anyway and if the gears fail just stick some new ones in for like £20.

Comment

G&P gears are fine, they are made from steel and so therefore beat the likes of TM, which is the main thing. I've never had a G&P gearset strip.

Initially, I'd have said G&P. I'm working on one now and it's lovely.

However, having recently held and used an Ares M4, I can say that they really are a contender. Stock range is very impressive, and there's a couple of things I should tell you about Ares' gearboxes.

Firstly, the trigger switch is actually an electronic push to make, so far better than using trigger contacts which can fail.
            Secondly, the gearbox utilises a special spring guide, which gives the owner the ability to quickly swap out the spring. There's no need to disassemble the gearbox for this, you simply push the spring guide in, twist, and pull out.

The body and external quality is also very good.

G&P's are good, as are Ares. Neither are perfect however.

Pope - I was under the impression that G&P receivers needed slight modification to fit the Madbull new Hop unit?

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

Nope other way round, wings on madbull unit need filing down as they are too fat and oddly it depends on the individual units but its a 5 min job with a file.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

CA M249 Para - TM Glock 18c - Cyma ASCU AKM (048M)

Comment

Since I've owned an ICS M16A3 and now selling it and keeping the G&P. I would safely say, looking through the other posts that the G&P is a very good option. G&P's out of the box are lovely and you'll definately have something that can take some abuse. Though having said that, I would recommend changing the hop rubber out for something better to get the best out of it.
                sigpic
                http://Teddypotts.DeviantART.com

Comment

krazy - remember this:- more people will have owned a G&P than an Ares in terms of Armalites. Therefore, this somewhat bias opinion (G&P) is as expected in my eyes.

Best bet is to call a retailer who sells both and have them in front of them, and ask for their opinions.

Please get in touch if you want general help. Please report problematic posts.

Take responsibility for your choices. If you break any rule in life, you should be held accountable.

Comment

G&P are fantastic for class looking Armalites and G&P internals are pretty solid
                    sigpic

Comment

G&P are better, i hear nothing but horror stories about Ares daily. although i really like my G&G M16A4 RIS, best bet is to go to the shop and try them out. see which you'd rather.
                      -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                      -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

I have an ICS M16A3 with an RIS front and I love it. Spring release via the forward assist button, split gearbox, great range, good build quality, good power and range out of the box and TEH REEL STEEL markings. Very underrated in my opinion, you don't see many about and you can pick them up quite cheap brand new as well. I've had a go of a G&P M4, a nice little gun but I love my ICS.
                        - GHK AK74MN - GHK AUG A1 - Secutor Gladius 17 - WE MG36 HPA -

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

krazy kit hey im kit, and i use an ICS M4 Fixed stock with RIS System! Find out more about krazy kit
                        Working...
                        X