old school british

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• old school british

hey guys, at the minute i have a jg m4 commando, and when i go to large outdoor sites keep finding myself getting out ranged by about 10 to 20 yards
    im want to get a second gun and have found myself considering an l1a1 slr, mainly coz its a british legend and i was wondering if anyone had any ideas or advice about it. as no one i know has one!!!
    any help or advice gratefully received :D

Re: old school british

i have an ares l1a1 what u want to know

Comment

They are really good. As far as weight/handling goes I know of nothing that's better.

I have the ARES version and it performs very well, good range and accuracy with the standard barrel and only a little wobble. You can get 130rd mids and hi-caps (~500rounds?) The ARES version can also accept real wood kits (should you manage to find one, I haven't)!

I also had a little play with a King Arms SLR. That was very nice too! A little more solid than my ARES. It was also heavier, but this was probably due to it having a wood kit! It also has blowback, I understand it is achieved with a hook on the piston pulling the bolt back.

As far as I am aware none of the mags are cross-compatible.

Edit:
      Feel free to ask any questions to me or the old fool above! :D

(You love it Bill, don't pretend you hate it!)
      Last edited by ImNotTheMafia; 19 August, 2011, 20:28.

Comment

hey out of curiosity how far does your jg fire ? i have a g&g combat machine it goes about 150 ft accurately

Comment

thanks guys, its just that i have always thought they looked an awesome gun but nobody at my club uses them, its all m series, ak's or g36's which i think is a bit boring, lol.
          one thing i would like to know is the approx fps out the box as my site, lac, has a 4oofps limit for semi auto aegs. and also what the bad points for it is.

in answer to pureairsoft, it reaches about 30 to 40yards depending on how windy it is, lol
          but it is only the basic m4 i got it 2 years ago new for £80 and i had to get it downgraded from 390tps out the box down to 350fps now but on a warm day it still goes up to 360!!! and thats with a 100 spring in lol
          Last edited by sittingduck; 19 August, 2011, 20:54.

Comment

they are about 340fps out of box

Comment

Just to let you know - you can't mention retailers on this forum, only Zero One exist! have a gander at the rules: http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3126

The FPS for the ARES is around the 350-380 (absolute maximum) from the box.

SLRs have no bad points, they are perfect (well, through my rose-tinted goggles they are perfect)!

Some people might find them too long or too heavy to skirmish with, but I'm quite short and I have no trouble.

Comment

ah a midget is the gun longer than u are tall lol

Comment

ooops thank, sorted it

im not bothered about the size or weight. so there are no build problems with it then, and are they easy to add on to?

Comment

ares no kings arms yes

Comment

Nearly...

One thing you may want to consider is putting a tight bore barrel in it at some point.

It's also worth noting that the ARES is locked to semi from the box (although you can make it fire on auto by splitting the reciever), and the KA version isn't.

Comment

ok thanks guys

Comment

Change the hop rubber/nub in your M4, that will most likely sort the range out. With a decent rubber/nub combination there's not a lot of difference in range between various models, some are better than others but really it's only a few meters, nothing like what you are finding with your M4.

Or, do the right thing and buy the SLR AND change the hop rubber/nub in your M4 :D

Comment

The other good thing is that the Ares/Star SLR is semi only so as long as your site allows higher fps for single shot weapons you can keep that very nice high fps, mine was firing at 390ish with no upgrades.
                            HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

Originally posted by ImNotTheMafia View Post
                              It's also worth noting that the ARES is locked to semi from the box (although you can make it fire on auto by splitting the reciever), and the KA version isn't.
                              Or you could just remove the safety/selector catch and file the top edge slightly so it clears the slide cover
                              Originally Posted by PureSilver
                              "Complaining that it's shit because it's more complicated and less reliable than an AEG is like complaining that sex is shit because it's much messier than masturbating into a sock."

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

sittingduck always looking to make friends Find out more about sittingduck
                              Working...
                              X