Recommendations for a Sniper Rifle.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommendations for a Sniper Rifle.

Can anyone recommend the make and model of a good sniper rifle? I have about £500 to spend.
    Should I go electric or hybrid?

It seems quite difficult to find good info on the subject so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Re: Recommendations for a Sniper Rifle.

What type do you want? Do you want a very good performing sniper made as an airsoft gun or a more expensive, not quite as good real sniper made airsoft gun?

E.g. A TM VSR G-spec is a fantastic sniper with the right upgrades as it was made to be an airsoft rifle whereas something like a TM L96AWS is still very good with upgrades but more expensive and the internals are quite fragile etc...

Do you have a gun that you like specifically? Do you want Bolt, gas, electric? Second hand or new?

A few more details would be good for us helpers
    "I'm proud of my invention, but I'm sad that it is used by terrorists .. I would prefer to have invented a machine that people could use and that would help farmers with their work — for example a lawn mower." - Mikhail Kalashnikov

Comment

A fantastic sniper for around £500 is the Tokyo Marui VSR with all the Laylax upgrades.
      Einstein said Maths doesnt exist, its just our minds trying to make sense of the universe.

Comment

Originally posted by Christo View Post

E.g. A TM VSR G-spec is a fantastic sniper with the right upgrades
        I second this. My team bought a communial GSPEC and have modded it up. By far the most accurate airsoft weapon I have come across.
        Kiran Payne
        TM P226 Custom, TM SAI G34, WE SRU G17, WE SAI M&P 9mm, WE SRU Apache XDM IPSC, KWA Kriss Vector Hard Recoil, TM HK416 Recoil
        Looking for another TM G17 and a TM M870

sigpic

Comment

Very quick response, thanks guys.

A few more details would be good for us helpers
          OK.

Do you want a very good performing sniper made as an airsoft gun or a more expensive, not quite as good real sniper made airsoft gun?
          Performance and durability before looks.

Do you have a gun that you like specifically?
          The ones that I like are out of my price range (M82A1M, M200).

Do you want Bolt, gas, electric? Second hand or new?
          I would prefer electric but, not sure what would be best on the budget that I have. I am looking at getting one new.

I will start looking at some reviews of the TM VSR G-spec.

Thanks again.

Comment

TM VSR G-Spec is one of the best bolt action sniper rifles you can get out there. Very accurate with the right upgrades, a sea of after market upgrade parts, all with easy to reach to get, there's a nice large upgrade thread here on this forum and with a truly amazing hop-up system, out of the box at 280-300fps it can still outrange a lot of guns.

Definitely a good buy if you're interested in bolties that is.
            sigpic

Comment

VSR G-Spec 100%. Nothing will beat it unless you get a righthook fabrication but then you'll have to double, perhaps even tripple your budget.

Comment

Tanaka M700 (aics if you like the body kit) (fully upgraded, PAX, tbb, etc.) Will find one on here for £500~. Very nice, shoots really well, silent as silent can be, you will not be heard! Performance is great, will be comparing it to a mates laylax'd gspec this weekend!

If not, as above, a vsr, must be fully upgraded though, i'd suggest a PDI one if you can find it, or if not a laylax one. It may also be a cool idea for you to pickup a cheapy bar10 on here, and build it yourself if you wanted?

Gas - Very quiet, not so reliable, not as consistent (not always) only useable in certain conditions, requires lots of maintance! VERY easy bolt pull.
                Spring - Bolt pull is hard, works all year round, can be loud.

Built my own PDI VSR, feel free to PM me for help if you need it!

Comment

Thanks for the info all. Very helpful.

I am now doing more research on the VSR G-Spec.

I have been looking at a couple of package deals on zero one:
                  http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=1835
                  http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=1838

Are either of those Two worth getting? Also does anyone know what sort of fps I could expect from the 150sp and 170sp springs in the VSR G-Spec?

Comment

Good Lad!

Comment

Obviously if you had the money then the Righthook Mantis but some to consider would be VSR-10, Tanaka M40, or Maruzen L96 but they will need to be upgraded. I am also looking to get a sniper, so this thread has been very useful

The packs you have linked seem to include some stuff that is not needed but I don't know if it's worth the money because I have not used a sniper of that build. Maybe someone else can answer that?

Comment

buy an a&k drangonoff and a range of aeg springs to set the fps to whatever you want get a scope and mount for it and then give the £300 you saved to charity or you know get a better hop up and barrel for it.

Unless you want something that looks super super nice or you want a 700fps gas gun theres no reason to spend loads and loads on a sniper a cheaper springer will get the job done but some of the real expensive Ares ones are really nice looking.
                        sigpic
                        Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

Originally posted by HAL9000 View Post
                          Thanks for the info all. Very helpful.

I am now doing more research on the VSR G-Spec.

I have been looking at a couple of package deals on zero one:
                          http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=1835
                          http://www.zerooneairsoft.com/produc...oducts_id=1838

Are either of those Two worth getting? Also does anyone know what sort of fps I could expect from the 150sp and 170sp springs in the VSR G-Spec?
                          Looking at about 500FPS from both, they'll likely clip the 170 to make it comply.

However, you only really need an upgraded cylinder head (for airseal), the high pressure piston, both sears, the spring guide and the spring (150 or 170SP)

That should push you to 500fps, everything else is a luxury afterwards.
                          sigpic

Comment

If you want electric, TM m14's are great. G&P m14 ebr?

Comment

Have you tried being a sniper before? The reason I ask is because most people just can't do it. I would recomend trying it out first with your AEG on Semi, only taking shots you know you can make.

If you are still sure you want to be a sniper then the VSR range is as good spring rifle as any, other than that I've heard good things about the Real Sword SVD, but I'm not 100% sure that's in your price range.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

HAL9000 Find out more about HAL9000
                              Working...
                              X