Best hop unit for a G&P M16A3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best hop unit for a G&P M16A3

Want to replace the standard hop unit in my M16 and don't know which one to get, I've got a spare systema hop unit, will that be ok, or are there better ones out there I could use

Also what kind of hop rubber should I put in it

Thanks guys
    Originally posted by Fenriz
    Hicaps are as bad as two-tone. Or rape.

Re: Best hop unit for a G&P M16A3

madbull ultimate hop unit, and hop rubber depends on fps

Originally posted by Metalbody
    pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

If you're using the ultimate, match it up with a shark rubber as they're designed to work together. Even better, add a black python TB.

I've used lots of combinations over the years and this is the best I've found so far.
      sigpic

Comment

Prometheus Perfect Hop Chamber. The madbull is finicky about compatibility etc, it's a great unit but not the best. I just love the adjustment wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by Robin-Hood View Post
          The madbull is finicky about compatibility etc
          Exactly why you need to mate it with the correct rubber and, preferably, barrel.
          sigpic

Comment

I don't disagree, but therefore it isn't the best hop unit. Though I would argue there is no 'best' in airsoft.

Comment

Try a Guarder clear rubber you may find you don't even need or want to change the hop up chamber then.

Comment

Originally posted by Robin-Hood View Post
                I don't disagree, but therefore it isn't the best hop unit. Though I would argue there is no 'best' in airsoft.
                Why would company A build a hop unit that works better with company B's rubbers and company C's barrels?

I don't in any way disagree with you that they're picky, but put the combination together that they were designed to be used in and they are fantastic. I've had shark rubbers in other make hops, black python barrels with other rubbers etc etc, plus using other expensive aftermarket parts. In the end I bit the bullet and bought all the matching bits on the basis that that's what madbull did during the R&D phase. I've not regretted it in any way and my 416 is matching my M14 DMR for range and is getting about 15-20m more accurate range than it was before.
                sigpic

Comment

I have a custom build from a G&P Sentry with a PWS Diablo front end made by Madbull, and I chose a Madbull ultimate hop and the hop rubber supplied with that alongside a Madbull python 6.03 ver 2 barrel because like Robin says, they're designed for each other. After bedding the hop in, I am still constantly amazed at how great the accuracy and range is at a very consistent FPS (below 350). I'd definitely recommend it. I have found that consistency with high quality parts designed for each other is the best way to go!
                  WANTED: KAC QD SUPPRESSOR (long) & AKS-74/AKMS
                  After one week with me in my dojo, you'll be prepared to defend yourself with the strength of a grizzly, the reflexes of a puma, and the wisdom of a man.

Comment

You are completely correct. That doesn't change the fact there are other hop units that aren't as picky. I also use the madbull unit along with black python barrel. I just think if you're not going to match it up then you're better off with the prommy unit.

Comment

Has anyone used the PDI W Hold rubber?
                      It's supposed to be excellent, but trying to get hold of it is a different matter...

I'm contemplating replacing the barrel and hop in my SOPMOD and was told firefly rubbers with a prommy TB.... however i'm starting to think whether madbull shark and madbull black python TB is the way forward?

Comment

I`ve been fitting modify`s buckings lately and have been pretty impressed their about half the price of a madbull one not as soft as a guarder so the seal may not be quite as good but still seam to get 20 to 30fps over a crap no name bucking and as their a bit harder they will last longer if you start pumping rounds full auto a lot.

Some of it is getting the correct nub for your set up.
                        sigpic
                        Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

I've got a madbull ultimate, shark rubber and black python barrel and i've honestly not used a better combination. Im a G&P man through and through, the one thing I give all my rifles without fail is this combination. Its the first and in most cases only upgrade they need!

Definitely reccomend them!

Comment

As delta stated, a madbull ultimate, black python, and i'd personally use a firefly rubber n flat nub.

My Sopmod currently has a lonex barrel (my first time with one) and a TM rubber and nub, but only cos I cant afford a firefly before the weekender.

But the black pythons I've put in loads of guns.

However if you have the cash, the prommy 6.03 barrels are awesome.

CK

I will be at the NAE 27th-30th August and replies to messages may be slow, bear with me!

Comment

remember if you go for the full madbull set up, your fps will more than likely go up by 40+fps if your standard barrel isnt a tightbore

Originally posted by Metalbody
                              pulling one off certainly feels good

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

riddick 1811 22, been airsofting for 6 years Find out more about riddick 1811
                              Working...
                              X