Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new airsoft site/public liability insurance and your input

hey everyone

me and a group of friends are toying with the idea of starting our own small airsoft site in cornwall and wanted some input from all of you on what we need and a rough idea of how much public liability insurance will cost us per year. we have the land and one of us is a digger driver, i myself am a self employed tree surgeon and the others have experience in construction so we have the means to create a really good and friendly site for all.

we are looking into buying hire guns in bulk and have the funds to do so. i know im missing some very important things and thats where you come in. if you could please comment with either ideas or any very important thing the company may need to run as an airsoft site that would be great.

the site itself will be 3 sections op4 base (trenches and mg nests, middle will be a series of roads resembling Afghan roads with ditches for cover and ambushes with a line of trees on each side of the road and the other end will be similar to an allied base. we ourself are all airsofters and due to that believe we can create a good airsoft environment for all kinds of airsofters.

we welcome any input from you all and hope to to hear some feed back from the airsoft community.

Thanks
    Rune.

To see more of my teams photography check out our facebook page. Likes and shares are always welcome!
    https://www.facebook.com/milsimsouthwest/

Re: new airsoft site/public liability insurance and your input

Last time I looked into Insurance it was arround a grand.
    Gun tech.

AIRSOFTERS.........Load of Balls.!

http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...r-Offizier-M41

Comment

yea that sounds about right from what i have been told. thanks

does anyone here run a site and have an exact figure?
      Rune.

To see more of my teams photography check out our facebook page. Likes and shares are always welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by runefire01 View Post
        ...does anyone here run a site and have an exact figure?
        Not myself, but wouldn't this be affected by say the number users on site?
        King Arms "King of Arms Builders 2013" Winner
        https://www.youtube.com/user/crasstoe
        www.flickr.com/crasstoe

Comment

Ive had a quote cloer to 800 per year

Comment

where in cornwall (roughly) are you?
            it would be nice to have another site down here as the only airsoft site south of Bude (that i know of) is the KGB, which is an awsome club but some vriaty would be most welcome

Comment

Best thing you could do is talk to a broker mainly because it would be very site specific regarding risks involved
              WANTED
              Mid cap mp5 mags
              s-arms m4 mags
              motorola & kenwood commercial radios

Comment

Originally posted by MADMAN983 View Post
                where in cornwall (roughly) are you?
                it would be nice to have another site down here as the only airsoft site south of Bude (that i know of) is the KGB, which is an awsome club but some vriaty would be most welcome
                there is also which is a really nice site Cornwall airsoft assault in truro
                sigpic

Comment

hey everyone

i had a few messages asking where the site will be. the site will be located between north tamerton and boyton about a 3 minuet drive off the b3524 so dead between launceston and bude. also i have played at MIA in answering to another question, it was fun and i do still want to play there but we just want to run our own site and as madman983 said a bit more variety and to spread the sport around the south west a bit more.

thanks for all the input guys and yea we will have to have a specific quote for our site but we just wanted to know roughly what it would be and you have been a great help.

only thing is we are still sorting the ties that are with the land at present. fingers crossed they should all be sorted soon. do we need retail licencing at all or is that not needed for airsoft?

thanks
                  Rune.

Comment

You will need to contact cornwall county council to check the appropriate planning permission is in place to use the land as a leisure business. I know of atleast 2 sites which have moverd because of planning issues
                    WANTED
                    Mid cap mp5 mags
                    s-arms m4 mags

Comment

yea one of my other colleagues was talking about that about 30 minuets ago. do you know how easy or how long that might take to go through.

thanks
                      Rune.

Comment

It is normaly 8 weeks to give notice for people to let there oppinions known, for example if there is some special flower, for instance it is unlikley to be granted, when you do apply, are there any public rights of way on or near the site?
                        WANTED
                        Mid cap mp5 mags
                        s-arms m4 mags

Comment

ahh ok. we still have to sort the ties that come with the land first but this is really helping. thanks!
                          Rune.

Comment

How about:
                            safe zone, covered area to chat, have tea and load up at the start of the day and store gun bags.
                            toilets
                            electric (gennies maybe)
                            site access, smooth out tracks to make it easier to acess.
                            Raven's Claw: bug*er this just charge

Comment

Sounds good, will be nice to have another local site down here to try!

Big thing, big big big thing that I would love to see is A BLOODY POWER SOURCE! Ive yet to play at a single site that has power which is a pain in the ass for charging your batteries if something goes wrong or making a nice cuppa.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

runefire01 Find out more about runefire01
                              Working...
                              X