Collapse

Which is better quality: APS or CYMA ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which is better quality: APS or CYMA ?

I am looking for a very reliable AK74u but don't want the big price tag so it is either APS or CYMA.

The APS AK74u has electric blowback but I don't know if that will mess up the gearbox if the gun is used lots in skirmishes.

The CYMA AK74u dose not have electric blowback and is said to have very cheap and rubbish metal body and frame.

I want to know which is a better quality metal and wood and which would be more reliable for a long term user. HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED!
    FAILURE IS NOT A FACTORY INSTALLED OPTION !sigpic

Re: Which is better quality: APS or CYMA ?

Cyma for sure. They make amazing AKs.

Comment

APS are getting a very good rep but there gearbox`s have plastic bushings that are best to be changed for metal

Cyma are cheap but very good for the money they are not top of the line guns and the rof a bit slow but they are really good for the money and all internal parts are Tm compatible so can be upgraded.

Both guns are good but I would defo have the bushings changed on the aps

Watch some youtube reviews of each gun you are thinking of buying to get a feel for what one you think you`d like more

Holding a gun you`ll enjoy using is down to personal taste a lot of the time.
      sigpic
      Oh when will I get a decent knights stoner LMG aeg ?

P mags up for sale http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...encer-200mm-m4

Comment

http://www.zeroin.co.uk/showthread.php?t=128161

Review of an APS AK
        TM SCAR-H Recoil // TM MK18 Recoil // VFC HK417 // KWA Kriss Vector // ASG AW.338 //
        TM Glock 18c // TM Five-SeveN // VFC FNX.45 Tactical // KWA USP.45 Tactical //

Comment

Thanks for all your help guy ! I was liking the blowback action but if it won't be reliable for a long term user I might just stick with the CYMA AK74u.

Comment

if i was going for an ak i wouldn't gor for either but if i had to choose i would go fpor the cyma

Comment

I have the APS and have to say that the metal body is great but the blowback makes quite a strain on the piston - to the point that if I stop shooting and the piston does not reset I can not get it to cycle without disconnecting the blowback. Without the blowback connected it works fine for me.

Comment

Oddly enough I've found the blowback unit to be fine on my APS. The good finish on the parts means it slides smoothly in the rails and doesn't add a whole lot of resistance. EagleDriver, you may want to consider giving your gearbox a clean or reshim.

Comment

I just sold 2 APS's the build quality is very good,all metal but as said the gearbox's are probably the weak point,saying that apart from the fact that they get noisey they carry on working...and I disconnected the BB because the noise got on my nerves.
                  But a metal g/box (such as Element) is not expensive @ £30-£40..I would buy another then up the 'box...:D
                  Tested the last one and running on 8.4v @ 950rpm...:D,they tend to be near 400 fps out of the box.
                  The only reason for the sale is that we don't really CQB enough to warrant them...

Comment

Do you think the CYMA AK74u could be used in mid range woodland combat or must it only be used for CQB because I really like this gun and there is both a woodland and a CQB skirmish site were I live so i would just like to know.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySquad View Post
                      Do you think the CYMA AK74u could be used in mid range woodland combat or must it only be used for CQB because I really like this gun and there is both a woodland and a CQB skirmish site were I live so i would just like to know.
                      Eh?

There is no "must" for where it can be used. I have used a pistol in long range woodland before, so to answer your question, yes you can.

Comment

yeah thanks guys for your help CYMA AK74u here I come! :D

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

WhiskeySquad Find out more about WhiskeySquad
                        Working...
                        X