Best G36c battery??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best G36c battery??

As the title says, what's the best ( most powerful ) battery I can get for my TM G36c as it has a dinky battery compartment but I don't want to really add anything to it! Just want the best it can take in the current battery compartment!

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.680528,-3.227825
    I love the smell of napalm in the morning!

Re: Best G36c battery??

hey

i have a SRC G36C and i use a 9.6V 1500mah RC Vapextech battery and that gives me a bit over 950 rounds per minuet. if the Tm's are anything like the src which they should you wont be able to fit much more than that in.

hope that helps
    Last edited by runefire01; 23 August, 2011, 22:49. Reason: not allowed to post links
    Rune.

To see more of my teams photography check out our facebook page. Likes and shares are always welcome!
    https://www.facebook.com/milsimsouthwest/

Comment

best bet would be to go lipo, measure what you can fit in there, then find a suitable lipo

Linky here>> http://airsofttutorials.com

Comment

7.4v Li-Po would probably be the "best" battery, with some up to 2200mAh capacity that would fit a standard 8.4v space. I've typically found that a good 25C+ discharge Li-Po gives performance comparible to 9.6v, and sometimes slightly beyond.

For dimensions reference you are looking at 107 x 34 x 17.1 mm (L x W x D) for a normal 8.4v NiMh battery at 1500mAh.
        For a good Turnigy Li-Po (2200mah 7.4c) you are looking at 105 x 34 x 16mm. Possibly a little big considering they dont have rounded edges, so I find the 1600mAh Li-Po's to be a safe bet. They give more power and last longer
        Last edited by BioSniper; 23 August, 2011, 22:50.

Comment

Hi there buddy!
          I have an SRC G36c. I also have a customised handguard (I think it might be Ares?) with a space big enough for a very large 3300mAh battery!

However, if you need small, I use an 8.4v mini tamiya Single Cell battery which is smaller than an M9 magazine! it's about 10cm long, 2cm wide and high. and have 2800mAh!

I can fit 2 of these batteries in my large handguard! ...just!

Forgot. Also made in Japan with very good QC.
          Last edited by Grounded_Pilot; 23 August, 2011, 23:09.
          sigpic

Comment

If going down the Lipo route this will be hard to beat....

7.4V 2200mAh 25C+ continuous discharge
            Pretty much the most power that you can fit in the space of the
            standard 8.4V mini battery!

55A continuous, 110A burst
            101.1 x 35.5 x 16.1mm weight 115g.

Special price - Just £15.00 each

Comment

I don't really know much about lipo's tbh!! But that mini tamiya looks very cool!! I currently have a 1500 mAh 9.6v in there which is ok but I just fancy something with a bit more guts if it's possible!!

---
              I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.680677,-3.228019
              I love the smell of napalm in the morning!

Comment

7.4v 2250mah 25c Lipo form the shop of components, fits the battery space like a glove and then you can put the lipo alarm into the top part of the foregrip.
                "For us, it keeps parenting essentials, a phone, a digital SLR camera and pistol magazines all neatly organised and accessible" - 5.11 Review

'Basically, Airsoft is Prom Night' - Brother Captain Ryan

Comment

I use turnigy 7.4v 2200mah 25c lipos in my g36c and they fit snugly. No rattling around and masses of juice to keep you going for the day. Even if you get trigger happy.

Comment

But dont 9.6v batss give higher rof than 7.4v's?
                    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
                    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Depends on the specs of each. Bearing in mind only can get a mini pack in there, not going to be a very good one.

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
                        But dont 9.6v batss give higher rof than 7.4v's?
                        Only if they're the same type of battery.

A 7.4v lipo battery is roughly the same as a 9.6v "bog standard" airsoft battery pack, I think.

I think a 9.6v lipo battery... more revolutions in a minute than a hula girl has in her entire lifetime.
                        sigpic

Comment

Not entirely true, a 7.4 lipo is just the rating on it's volts, there are many different types of 7.4, in various different capacities, and various different discharge rates.

I've done the whole nimh range to death, sizes and capacity, brand and price range, lipo's are now much cheaper, and comparing them with a lipo, a similar sized lipo will last you much much longer, and give a better trigger response and rate of fire.

Pm sent

Comment

Originally posted by whitefang View Post
                            I don't really know much about lipo's tbh!! But that mini tamiya looks very cool!! I currently have a 1500 mAh 9.6v in there which is ok but I just fancy something with a bit more guts if it's possible!!

---
                            I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=51.680677,-3.228019
                            If you're not getting a good rof with that batt then i'd suggest doing some internal upgrades as a 9.6v 1500 should be powerfull enough.
                            HK MP5k PDW//IMI Uzi//HK MP5a4//HK MP5a5//M3 Grease Gun//HK51//L119a1//HK G36k//Colt M653//Colt M733 with M203//Steyr AUG A1//AMD 65//DSA SA58//Colt M16vn//H&K G3a3//Sig P226//Colt 1911a1//Sig P226r//STI 2011

Comment

Again though, if it's a cheapsoft 9.6, bin it... Or if it's eons old, again, cells are tired now...

What I'd do? Nip down to your local site, ask someone if you can try out one of their lipo's on the range, I often lend one or two out, convert the masses one at a time! Lol

If the difference is worth it, go for it! If not, get a big rucksack, a car battery, some wire and let rip!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

whitefang I'm a family man with a gorgeous fiance and 3 beautiful girls age named, Tamara, Jazmine and Casey Find out more about whitefang
                              Working...
                              X