Spraying an outer barrel...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spraying an outer barrel...

So i recently purchased some chrome spray paint from halfords for my m92's outer barrel.

In all honesty the paint is bollocks, brilliant finish with the durabilty of an ice cream in an oven. I tried to solve this problem by adding a clear lacquer; result of this is the paint losing its finish and ending up a shiny metallic grey.

So my question is shall i have a self destructing chrome finish or a durable metallic grey (almost silver) finish?
    chrome
    58.82%
    shiny grey
    41.18%

The poll is expired.

Re: Spraying an outer barrel...

Cant you just sand the outer down and polish it? So that way itll be silver?
    -TM Recoil M16 Custom- -TM 1911 MEU- -Tanaka SAA- -TM HK45- -JG G36k Ris-
    -ECHO1 SA58 OSW- -A&K Masada- -VFC FNX-45- -TM Recoil AKs-74u-

Comment

Unfortunately it's black plastic and I dont have the money to spare £30 on a nice gaurder outer barrel.

Comment

Ah okay you didnt mention a make, tbh the grey is probably better. My glock has always had a metal outer so i havent had this issue :s. Chrome is nice, but practicality (not often used in airsoft :/) is always the best option for a gas weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by jonny lovegrove View Post
          Ah okay you didnt mention a make
          Ah sorry, it's a Marui. I'v decided to go grey as in the long run it's less of a pain. :D

Comment

spray it black again, shiny grey is crap, either redo it chrome and from the looks of the result having sprayed chrome myself (its quite disappointing) i would say re do it black.
            AMY WINEHOUSE R.I.P

G&P Silver M14 EBR Cheap
            http://forums.zeroin.co.uk/showthrea...om-going-cheap

Comment

opinions on the final outcome?

Main reason for this is i'm purchasing a Hi capa 5.1 to dual wield with this; I thought having similiar outer barrels would improve on the effect as the 5.1 has a chrome outer barrel. :D
              Last edited by omnomnom; 26 August, 2011, 20:39.

Comment

I quite like it tbh, works well. Might have to make one myself... Honestly seeing chrome ones. I actually prefer this. Job well done mate.

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

omnomnom Find out more about omnomnom
                Working...
                X