what m249?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what m249?

hey guys i would like if any one would help me with somethink i want a m249 para but is the classic army one worth the £500 your paying or am i better of gettin the a&k and upgrading it whats the pros and cons with each one

Re: what m249?

get the G&P one mate, the rof on an 8.4v battery is insane, and they're cheaper than the classic army versions
    Originally posted by Fenriz
    Hicaps are as bad as two-tone. Or rape.

Comment

Originally posted by riddick 1811 View Post
      get the G&P one mate, the rof on an 8.4v battery is insane, and they're cheaper than the classic army versions
      Not to mention better quality, and look a lot better. 7.2kgs of goodness.

Comment

7.2kgs with an empty box mag, add another 3000 pellets, at 0.2g a pellet, thats another 600g to add on top of that

means an 7.8kg piece of metal

Comment

You'll sure know you've used it the day after.

Comment

lol thanks guys :D

Comment

I really wouldn't bother with the G&P one. Its just a dressed up m4 with less functions.

It may have nicer externals, This is great for when that V2 gearbox implodes (you can hang it on the wall, ahhhh pretty )

The Classic army and A&K versions have a gearbox designed for support gunning. You can brain an elephant with the Gearbox its that solid.

Carrying on with the gearbox theme, A support gun must be ragged, otherwise your doing it wrong . The Gearbox in the CA/A&K guns are VERY easy to work on and if your support gunning properly something will go wrong (eventually), just down to the amount of plastic you will put through it.

The externals on the CA gun will be nicer than the A&K But The A&k is still a very solid gun.

If you have never been a SAW gunner before i recommend that you buy a second hand A&K from the forums for around £150. Its not an easy task, it is not cheap and you may not like it, Why waste £400-£500 on a gun you might not like.

Comment

Originally posted by Coz View Post
                It may have nicer externals, This is great for when that V2 gearbox implodes (you can hang it on the wall, ahhhh pretty )
                What's to go wrong in a V2 that you can't fix for £30 of off the shelf parts though, plus they all use the same motor...

Comment

Originally posted by Coz View Post
                  I really wouldn't bother with the G&P one. Its just a dressed up m4 with less functions.

The Classic army and A&K versions have a gearbox designed for support gunning. You can brain an elephant with the Gearbox its that solid.

Carrying on with the gearbox theme, A support gun must be ragged, otherwise your doing it wrong . The Gearbox in the CA/A&K guns are VERY easy to work on and if your support gunning properly something will go wrong (eventually), just down to the amount of plastic you will put through it.

The externals on the CA gun will be nicer than the A&K But The A&k is still a very solid gun.

If you have never been a SAW gunner before i recommend that you buy a second hand A&K from the forums for around £150. Its not an easy task, it is not cheap and you may not like it, Why waste £400-£500 on a gun you might not like.

i've thrown 30,000 rounds easily into mine, and there hasn't been an issue yet, it came out the box at 340 fps and has now settled at 320

i've got a mate with a CA 249, and it keeps going wrong, the G&P easily out does it

Comment

Nothin' wrong with a v2 gearbox! That said, three screws and the the Classic Army (and A&K) gearbox with attached motor is out of the gun - with its quick release spring it makes working on it a breeze and as previously stated it's such a solid chunk of metal that you could brain an elephant with it. I've got an A&K Mk2 and (with some upgrades) now is reliable and accurate. I have to agree though with not spending a vast amount of money on one though - unless you've got it to burn. They are a bit of an acquired taste and are generally heavy and bulky although the para is pretty compact. For no hassle out of the box uberness then the Classic Army would be my choice. If you are prepared to do some upgrades (possibly less than £50 worth but up to £100 if you want a new motor and mosfet) then a second hand A&K makes perfect sense.
                    Growing old is mandatory
                    Growing up is optional...

The tinkering tale of an airsoft addict, wargamer and book fanatic at http://ocdairsoft.blogspot.com/
                    It even gets updated occasionally... Quite recently even!

Comment

About the Author

Collapse

KALASH92 I LOVE AIRSOFT Find out more about KALASH92
                    Working...
                    X